PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I had forgotten about this.
It ran great earlier and a bunch of guys ran it, I don't even know who all had a turn :)
When Mike asked to fire it up the control lever seemed wonky and the trigger too, so I took the carb base apart and found a packing peanut wedged into the choke linkage and fished al the little crushed bit out of there and put it back together.
I fired it right up three times in a row and it was all good. A little later mike and I tried to start it for him to run and it just wouldn't fire for me and I figured it was one of those things and went on with the day.
I need to go take a peak and see if everything is OK.
Dave
Packing peanut!? Where did one of them come from?:)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mix packing peanuts with my fuel mix cause my saws run on napalm!!

this don't look good though
IMG_2760.JPG

I need somebody to blame :)

I will pop this open and check the cylinder etc. Can I just put in a new piston Jason or does it need to visit you for surgery.
I am an adequate parts swapper even if I have no idea how an engine works.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like something has been in there.
Have a look and see.
Big end bearing?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 20695

I will pop this open and check the cylinder etc. Can I just put in a new piston Jason or does it need to visit you for surgery.
Ouch! It's probably my fault Dave, I ran it twice! [emoji33]

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 20695

That's probley from my t shirt be sucker in.....sorry

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bret. You clean up nice. Maybe too nice...
b480ed2aa32f94a298e4594f8818eb5a.jpg

9c3d597423017ed2334af743a9b66ae2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trailer is mostly loaded, needed to get the heavy/bulky items on before surgery this morning. Doc says no working my right arm for two weeks, had some rooted carcinoma dug out of my shoulder and all stitched up this morning so maybe I'll be the cameraman for the weekend :)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many people are planning on camping? And also how many are staying or coming on Sunday?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm only going to be there for Sat morning Dan, what time do you like to wake your neighbors up? You should also make a dedicated pile for fire wood, like they did at the NY GTG.

Sharpened all my chains today after the rain stopped. Will need to fuel the Mustang before the trip.

I figure I should be able to do it in 1.75 hrs each way now that I know which way to turn when I get off the exit!

Al, looking forward to your reaction when you run your ported 046-D jug. :))) What saws are you bringing?

Will be good to see everyone again, and hope that dyno gets the bugs ironed out!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many people are planning on camping? And also how many are staying or coming on Sunday?

I was thinking about coming Friday night, but I'm just not that organized. I'll get there early saturday AM, and perhaps camp out till Sunday. depends on how much talking i'm doing :)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm only going to be there for Sat morning Dan, what time do you like to wake your neighbors up? You should also make a dedicated pile for fire wood, like they did at the NY GTG.

Sharpened all my chains today after the rain stopped. Will need to fuel the Mustang before the trip.

I figure I should be able to do it in 1.75 hrs each way now that I know which way to turn when I get off the exit!

Al, looking forward to your reaction when you run your ported 046-D jug. :))) What saws are you bringing?

Will be good to see everyone again, and hope that dyno gets the bugs ironed out!
Sometimes I'm running saws by 7 Saturday's. So whenever. And don't forget Mel and Cindy are making breakfast...

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll come down Friday so I'm there when Bill gets there with the mechanical part of the dyno.
Dyno is much improved and hopefully even better by then, but if not we can still take a bunch of runs and take a look at data.
I'm psyched you can now watch the live displays and see good numbers that were too gibberish before.
If I have the automatic data collection working it will make it very easy to take runs and quickly compare graphs.

I'm confident we'll eventually get the dyno working well. I'm now curious to see how it looks when we go back to a rigid attach for the load cell.

I'll stay at home Friday night and be back as early as possible Saturday morning.
My brother is going to try and make it with his wife and a buddy possibly Saturday mid-morning -- buddy is a Stihl fan who has a saw he had some kind of mods / port work done.
Need to get home Saturday late day as Sunday is Mother's day!

Will bring stock 350, stock 372XP X-torq, and 262XP ported by Randy has KS cylinder + HDA-87 carb.
I'll remind my brother to bring the murder 346.
Same batch of saws I brought last time.

It's great to head to a GTG already knowing a bunch of guys from last time.
Those reading this if you've never been or don't know anyone this is a great GTG for you -- most hospitable batch of guys around!

Glad to hear most guys that were there last time are returning!