Checking on my JMS 066

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn. I still think it's all my fault. My inability to tune the saw.

But seriously, I hate to see this. He really needs a new career path...something involving fecal matter.
with proper oil gas mixture these saws can take more abuse than the EPA suggested ran saws before my 046 was ported it would run over 15000 but now that it's ported the best power and torque is mid 14s rpms don't matter much if your not producing power and torque

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't really know, I don't take care of the wood sale. But probably, yes, their factory is just an hour from me.
So you will like this we use there paper over here in Topeka Ks. And after we convert it the print shop I work at then send some of it back to Turnhout Belgium.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure be curious to see what runout is on this.

I'm in Ohio, but I'd be willing to check it if you want.
I've had a few JMS cylinders on my lathe, with more on their way......... @Frank bierce please take up @twinstaged on his offer, or any one of us that have offered . There's @huskihl thats offered too. Looks like you're getting a replacement cylinder, don't know if it is going to be ported or not, I'm sure that one of us will port it for you. I apologize if I've missed others that have offered to help, I know that @drf256 and @Mastermind have JMS saws apart already ....... you've got a bunch of guys willing to make this right for you.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lower your expectations.

The "Unicorn" is coming apart this winter.

I can hear his voice in my head repeating the excuses over and over again.

He may need a sub forum.

Please keep all of your JMS pistons. When we have enough, I'll weld them together and we will make a Christmas wreath from them.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How come it took this long for owners of this guy's saws to check them themselves or have them checked by someone else?

Blind trust in the builders skills, fear of finding out the port job is/was not as promised/advertised?

I am no builder/porter, and I don't own any ported saws - but I am nearly shocked what passes as a port job in this guy's builds.
I also wonder - do his saws really run better than stock ones before they come to a sudden screeching halt or are they all placebo?

No disrespect intended!
I am just wondering as I follow these threads.

My sincere apologies if anyone feels my post to be offensive!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How come it took this long for owners of this guy's saws to check them themselves or have them checked by someone else?

Blind trust in the builders skills, fear of finding out the port job is/was not as promised/advertised?

I am no builder/porter, and I don't own any ported saws - but I am nearly shocked what passes as a port job in this guy's builds.
I also wonder - do his saws really run better than stock ones before they come to a sudden screeching halt or are they all placebo?

No disrespect intended!

From what I've learned, yes these saws run stronger than stock. He possesses the skill with a grinder and knowledge to do good work. What is missing is the integrity to do the right thing when mistakes are made. Still can't believe shavings were left in the crank case on some of these saws. Hats off to all the builders taking these muts in to bring them back to the standard of performance and reliability that should've been achieved from the start.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No disrespect intended!

I just removed the jug on a brand new ported saw from a well-know builder (I won't say his name but he don't post here).

I keeped the saw for later, it was my "jewel of the crown". I removed the cylinder to replace the intake boot with a better one, and I'm still shocked. The ports are just barely touched, irregular, rough, no bewel... Honestly, I'm lucky I found this before I tried the saw.

Just ordered a few carbide burrs for my dremel and will try to fix this crap, or I'll have it shipped to another builder to straightened this.

On the other hand, the muffler mod is the most beautiful I ever seen, I don't understand what happened.

My list of thrustful builders just lost a name.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just removed the jug on a brand new ported saw from a well-know builder (I won't say his name but he don't post here).

I keeped the saw for later, it was my "jewel of the crown". I removed the cylinder to replace the intake boot with a better one, and I'm still shocked. The ports are just barely touched, irregular, rough, no bewel... Honestly, I'm lucky I found this before I tried the saw.

Just ordered a few carbide burrs for my dremel and will try to fix this crap, or I'll have it shipped to another builder to straightened this.

On the other hand, the muffler mod is the most beautiful I ever seen, I don't understand what happened.

My list of thrustful builders just lost a name.
562xp?

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never thought of checking over a new ported saw. I can't imagine anyone hands over the money for a ported saw if they don't trust the builder.
Obviously, there are times when this trust is misplaced, but you just don't go into it thinking how you should check it for problems before you run it.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, it isn't. But please don't ask more, it's from a guy I appreciate and I know he had health issues a few years ago when he built this saw, so I don't want to bother him.
10 4. Thats enough info for everyone to know who it is brother. Already a whole thread on that subject previously that you must have missed.