Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, isn't this the same kind of actions that have taken place on AS several years back and why all of us in The Other Swap Meat thread left AS?

Probably so Ross. It's not easy moderating this forum when some folks just show up to boot a guy in the balls over stuff that happened years before. I'm sure the mods on AS felt the same way.

I wish I had a better answer my friend, and I'm certain I'm making many mistakes. Rest assured that I'm doing my level best, and trying not to make snap decisions.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Probably so Ross. It's not easy moderating this forum when some folks just show up to boot a guy in the balls over stuff that happened years before. I'm sure the mods on AS felt the same way.

I wish I had a better answer my friend, and I'm certain I'm making many mistakes. Rest assured that I'm doing my level best, and trying not to make snap decisions.
You are doing a great job Randy.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Deleting threads, deleting posts, banning members from threads....

Its a very slippery slope and is why this site is referred to as AS Lite. Face it, AS is the largest saw site on the interwebz. I started on AS 12-13 years ago (granted its been 3-4 since I even looked at AS) but in the time I was active on AS there were numerous other forums that guys started up and that petered out because they wanted to be like AS.

A site like this has potential and it is gaining a lot of steam, if you want to build a site that has the potential to take on AS you need to offer something different, not a site that mirrors AS.

From what I have seen over the past 6 months this site is looking more and more like AS.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Deleting threads, deleting posts, banning members from threads....

Its a very slippery slope and is why this site is referred to as AS Lite. Face it, AS is the largest saw site on the interwebz. I started on AS 12-13 years ago (granted its been 3-4 since I even looked at AS) but in the time I was active on AS there were numerous other forums that guys started up and that petered out because they wanted to be like AS.

A site like this has potential and it is gaining a lot of steam, if you want to build a site that has the potential to take on AS you need to offer something different, not a site that mirrors AS.

From what I have seen over the past 6 months this site is looking more and more like AS.

So.....I suppose just allowing people to denigrate others simply because they don't like them is a great idea?

BTW, we aren't competing with AS. Actually, we are trying to work together for the good of the members of both sites.