The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
5:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what was your question and his answer ?
As you know I am not a Stihl guy and I picked up a fried 064 for a friend. I asked about bearing/ seal size because I can usually buy them locally if I have the size/ numbers. His response was something like "Well I just use 064 bearings".

I know what my response would be if anyone were to ask about a saw I'm familiar with. Maybe he was just having a bad day or that's just his personality. IDK

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As you know I am not a Stihl guy and I picked up a fried 064 for a friend. I asked about bearing/ seal size because I can usually buy them locally if I have the size/ numbers. His response was something like "Well I just use 064 bearings".

I know what my response would be if anyone were to ask about a saw I'm familiar with. Maybe he was just having a bad day or that's just his personality. IDK
his normal response

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
11:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I don't know, I think he really know the 1122 series, the cylinder he sent me is nice, and the saw wearing it is strong.

Honestly, I don't doubt a single second he's capable to build a really strong saw.

Unfortunately, it looks like he don't care about his customers and use crappy AM parts all the time.

Edit: Crappy AM parts or OEM junk parts...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know, I think he really know the 1122 series, the cylinder he sent me is nice, and the saw wearing it is strong.

Honestly, I don't doubt a single second he's capable to build a really strong saw.

Unfortunately, it looks like he don't care about his customers and use crappy AM parts all the time.
you forgot about charging people for parts and not putting them on

Getting a attitude when confronted
Slow shipping and no tracking numbers
Shall I go on ?

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you forgot about charging people for parts and not putting them on

Getting a attitude when confronted
Slow shipping and no tracking numbers
Shall I go on ?

You don't have to, I know how he act. As I said earlier, through the few PM's we shared about this cylinder, he looked half crazy. I wasn't surprised at all when I heard about the death threats.

I was one of his customer who waited almost a year and who never had a tracking number (for the original cylinder only).

But this won't change the fact he's capable of building a strong saw.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But this won't change the fact he's capable of building a strong saw.

Agreed. Heath has an 066 he built that is a great runner.

Porting the jug is just a really small part of the business of doing saw work for customers that are half way around the world though......as you well know.

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed. Heath has an 066 he built that is a great runner.

Porting the jug is just a really small part of the business of doing saw work for customers that are half way around the world though......as you well know.

We already talked about that earlier on this thread, but it looks almost like he wasn't the guy who did the port work. I mean, It's just insane, he can obviously make a great porting job on the cylinder, and in the same time he just fill the rest of the saw with junk.

I'm not sure we already know everything.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID