Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellers, that crank doesn't look rusty. The rod is a different color from the crank bells, and that's completely normal. If it was a rusty crank......there would at least be pitting on the bells.

I'm sure Brad would not have reassembled the saw if the crank was suspect.

This is simply a case of the saw hanging a ring, or breaking at the pin boss.

Look at the first page of this thread if a rusty crank is what you want to see.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fellers, that crank doesn't look rusty. The rod is a different color from the crank bells, and that's completely normal. If it was a rusty crank......their would at least be pitting on the bells.

I'm sure Brad would not have reassembled the saw if the crank was suspect.

This is simply a case of the saw hanging a ring, or breaking at the pin boss.

Look at the first page of this thread if a rusty crank is what you want to see.
^this
Most if not all con rods I've seen have a copper color to them.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hello hello my friend.
Have not been around that much, summer wasnt that good, but I'm in progress again lol
Old farts like me need to do less chainsaws and less TV watching, nowadays I put in the effort to do 2×3 km walks :D

I dont know Jason at all, I've only seen him posting here in his time and he seemed okey, the thread on AS and also this one show who Jason really are.
OPE proof that there is a huge bunch great members who always help each other, kuddos to all of your guys!
Dang you're old you have 5 year's on me lol
Have a good one tor.d523c86365dc9e4c14d51c190fa3b0a8--senior-humor-funny-pics.jpg

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

Those guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but again, the idea that there was something wrong with the saw was a fabricated story to cover for a saw the customer wasn't happy with.

Why didn't they send it back to Jason? I don't know. I'm guessing lack of trust.

I do know that @Edwad sent it to me for the same reason that the owner of the saw that started this thread was not returned to Jason. Edwad has no confidence in Jason and wanted a saw that he knew was right when he got it back.
Thats correct Brad. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that saw when I ran it except wasnt a heavy handed saw with alota torque like John and I both like. The 390 xp was tons of torque difference. On returning the saw , John had sold the saw the next day and on its way to Edwad. The returning wasnt offered by Jason until Edwad recieved the saw and I cant speak for Edwad but Im sure its because he didnt trust Jason and was comfortable with u being his mechanic

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After looking at his work in replacing the oil pump line in this 064, I can't believe he was very experienced as a saw mechanic.
Funny you say that. At one point I asked him a question about an 064 his response was nothing I would expect from a seasoned mechanic.