High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Chainsaws and Lifelong Friendships Raffle Draw Date June 24th 8PM EDT.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we all gave a dollar for every time we have thought the prize draws are rigged and only go to the 'in' crowd, we would have blown through the target months ago.
:icon_popcorn:
First donation a couple years ago had Philbert sending safety helmet to me. Unclemoustache pulled names from a hat in front of a camera on that one. Believe it's all above board or there wood be less banter with so many folks already noing they be owning a 462

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that anywhere near the Damn they say is going to fail?

Dam was cleared by engineers.

Woodn't hurt to drop another tube in there for the next extra heavy rain fall. 2009 here 6" rain in 10-12 hours was really exciting. April 26 last year flash flood had my few acres under more than a foot of fast flowing water hours after rain stopped. Floatable bits may have gone to Louisiana.
Hope for the best for you

Wasn't the size that killed us, debris choked it to less than half the flow.

0531180745.jpg

Mr Awesome

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dam was cleared by engineers.

Wasn't the size that killed us, debris choked it to less than half the flow.

View attachment 126749

Mr Awesome
Exactly the same thing happened to the farm at the end of my street... 6' tube 3/4 clogged... Filled the stream bed up with rock then sediment on top of it... Then made it's way over the top and quickly devoured one side of the road in much the same manner as yours...

That's A LOT of sand / silt / dirt built up on the upstream side there.....

Mother nature sure is strong....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Holy sheet!

Imagine what I thought when I got up that morning.

Hope you stay safe in the recovery effort.

Thanks, I'm retentive and overly alert and the guy doing the work is slow, it works out well that way.

That really sucks... where do you even start with a mess like that?

At the bottom of the hole. Get the water back to the culvert, the washout area dry, start stacking BIG rocks. Then fill and pack.

You obviously have more information than I have from a picture!
Still wishing you the best

I appreciate it. We discussed the idea of another culvert, but with no obstructions it flowed everything from Katrina a decade ago with no wash over. This amount of water was only slightly more. This was much more violent though, more wash out, debris, etc. The silt/dirt on the other side is up to 3' deep in places.

Mr Awesome

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Imagine what I thought when I got up that morning.

Thanks, I'm retentive and overly alert and the guy doing the work is slow, it works out well that way.

At the bottom of the hole. Get the water back to the culvert, the washout area dry, start stacking BIG rocks. Then fill and pack.

I appreciate it. We discussed the idea of another culvert, but with no obstructions it flowed everything from Katrina a decade ago with no wash over. This amount of water was only slightly more. This was much more violent though, more wash out, debris, etc. The silt/dirt on the other side is up to 3' deep in places.

Mr Awesome

Have you thought about having the upstream side covered in cement so if it does plug again it'll wash over instead of wash out?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
City or Town has to look at rerouting the water somehow. Give it a place to run off quickly, away from everyone.

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you thought about having the upstream side covered in cement so if it does plug again it'll wash over instead of wash out?

Where it washed out we are putting large rock with bagged concrete to plug up the holes. Then fill with clay/rock mix. Pack, repeat.

City or Town has to look at rerouting the water somehow. Give it a place to run off quickly, away from everyone.

Not even a remote possibility. It would be a state/ private property issue. As steep as it is from here up I don't need the water moving any quicker. Google the Catawba river. In town, near the headwaters it moved a state dump truck as it flooded the road. Governor visited the area, but only went to the 'pretty' places.

Mr Awesome