drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few years ago all the pundits were saying raise the exhaust........always raise it.

My how things change.
The new Echos have crazy low exhausts. I wonder if this thinking has changed with the OEM's as well?

Have Stihl or Husky followed suit on their newer offerings?

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No secrets here. I kinda doubt that I've done two 562s that have exactly identical numbers, I haven't even had a wheel on my last 5 saws! I would say though, the numbers are near:

Ex 110
In 83
Trans 101

Alan are the transfer an exhaust numbers switched, am i missing something?

David

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man I wish I had the time to experiment more! You guys are really helping me learn, I need to start playing with some saws!!!
Al I picked up a ms261 you can play with if you want. It will be a while before get to that saw. I just picked it up so I could study the stratos.... Seems to big and heavy for a 50cc saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man I wish I had the time to experiment more! You guys are really helping me learn, I need to start playing with some saws!!!
Al I picked up a ms261 you can play with if you want. It will be a while before get to that saw. I just picked it up so I could study the stratos.... Seems to big and heavy for a 50cc saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm learning a lot here. I have a 362 builder here. It's 40% larger in size than an 036. I don't get it.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn,

This thread has made me think a lot.

Think my next 036 is gonna have a lower exhaust and is gonna pull all it can oil in style.

Here's a way to see what you need for the exhaust. Use the old piston to try different blowdown figures. Start with a stock piston height and check how the saw cuts. Then trim 2 degrees off the front to the piston next to the exhaust port, try it again. Eventually, you will go too far and start going backwards. Go back to 'the best' figure (for whatever cutting YOU do) and cut that into the jug. Then put in a new piston and ring.

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Can u port a 372xp to be faster than a 562? Torque difference between the 2?
A xt or OE?

There is really no replacement for displacement, so in theory the 372 should be able to outperform the 562; I just haven't spent near as much time experimenting with them. The disadvantage with a 372 is the short transfers, and lack of crank stuffers.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A xt or OE?

There is really no replacement for displacement, so in theory the 372 should be able to outperform the 562; I just haven't spent near as much time experimenting with them. The disadvantage with a 372 is the short transfers, and lack of crank stuffers.
They can get good power. Real simple numbers with a little compression makes a big difference.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A xt or OE?

OE. I have a 2007?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
  1. A xt or OE?
Does the xt not port as good as the oe or vice versa?