drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 240 saw has 030 off the key and the other is 020.
I don't think detonation is very feasible in a saw, to a point the more compression and ignition advance you can run will yield the most power, depending on the saw of course.
I wonder if advancing the lower comp saw more would add rpm and power.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If it has a relatively large case volume, a lower exhaust is creating a larger saw.
I'm not going to tell his numbers but the intake duration is bigger than any running saw I've heard of. And it's hands down the most powerful small saw I've ran,faster than a much larger saw.

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My bet is very little blowdown.

AWOL, what's the answer?
VERY little blowdown, around 8 degrees on my latest 562. This is only possible because of the extremely high case pressure in these saws, and a very wide, square exhaust port. I think that's one reason why we see so many blown case gaskets, blown seals, blown base gaskets, and leaking trans covers.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
VERY little blowdown, around 8 degrees on my latest 562. This is only possible because of the extremely high case pressure in these saws, and a very wide, square exhaust port. I think that's one reason why we see so many blown case gaskets, blown seals, blown base gaskets, and leaking trans covers.
Ahhhh....

I see (said the blind man)

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought the intake was in the 90's? My bad

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought the intake was in the 90's? My bad
The 90s saw is my 3 cube racer; with 185 degrees of intake, the throttle response and low end torque is still amazing!

The 562s, (or any strato for that matter) dont need a lot of intake duration, because they have ports that equal up to 125% of bore width. Thats a lot of area increase over a conventional single intake port. I just leave the floor where it falls after dropping the jug.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No secrets here. I kinda doubt that I've done two 562s that have exactly identical numbers, I haven't even had a wheel on my last 5 saws! I would say though, the numbers are near:

Ex 110
In 83
Trans 101
Great numbers.

So you lowered case pressure.

Raised the uppers to compensate for the lowering of case pressure and the larger volume you needed to fill the larger cylinder of volume you created with the lower exhaust.

THIS STUFF fascinates me. The WHY of it and not just the HOW.

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Great numbers.

So you lowered case pressure.

Raised the uppers to compensate for the lowering of case pressure and the larger volume you needed to fill the larger cylinder of volume you created with the lower exhaust.

THIS STUFF fascinates me. The WHY of it and not just the HOW.
Yup, and by doing it this way, effectively increase the available power stroke by a substantial margin.