Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That word does not belong on this site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing that out!! Now I got to eat my own foot..... I'm always tell my kids that " Can't " means don't want to!!

So I'll reword that statement to say I don't want to spend the cash to buy everything to make a circle crank in my basement and go through the learning curve.....

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen some horrible looking gouged out transfer ports in engines that run like hell. No thought at all but into the angles.....and the heights all over the place.

Sometimes I wonder why I try so hard.....
Big Dave built some very impressive performing saws even when all he had was a 1/4"drill motor with a broken chainsaw file as a tool .They were not pretty but my how they ran .I've had my hot little hands on them and can testify that as fact .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Story time .Maybe 10 years John Lambert better known as Gypo Logger,Franks Planks ,Yukon John and a dozen other names bought a brand new 044 .I always thought he was "Joe" but he denied it with a straight face ,None the less over the course of what appeared to be a very intoxicated winter he dilly dallyed with that thing .Wore the phone lines out talking to Dennis Cahoon and souped that thing up with a danged file and sand paper ..That pot licker ran like a scalded ape even after he stuck the piston twice and sanded it out .--you just never know .

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Story time .Maybe 10 years John Lambert better known as Gypo Logger,Franks Planks ,Yukon John and a dozen other names bought a brand new 044 .I always thought he was "Joe" but he denied it with a straight face ,None the less over the course of what appeared to be a very intoxicated winter he dilly dallyed with that thing .Wore the phone lines out talking to Dennis Cahoon and souped that thing up with a danged file and sand paper ..That pot licker ran like a scalded ape even after he stuck the piston twice and sanded it out .--you just never know .

I remember that.

Some saws it takes very little in the right spot for them to be as good as they can be.

Most of the time less is much much more.

How is DD 064?

I use to spend hours grinding on one,now I can port one in a hour that's night and day ahead.

Grinding is addicting and hard to stop.

Bold statement right there. Any saw?

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We need pictures, lets pic one saw and pic/nic the transfers. Shapes? Angles? Roofs? Stagger? Slopes?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use to spend hours grinding on one,now I can port one in a hour that's night and day ahead.

Grinding is addicting and hard to stop.
Im getting there Jason. My last several saws have turned out well and most were planned out before hand on angles and #s and I stuck too it. Its tempting to take alil more here or there because it has to be better??!!! Lol

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a quick (lol) question about an MS260 I'm into right now.

Numbers are 105/120/76

Comp is 242 after 2 tanks. So after the rings break in, I'm looking at 260, likely.

Would you raise the exhaust a degree or two to bleed off some compression or just go with it?

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Numbers are 105/120/76

Comp is 242 after 2 tanks. So after the rings break in, I'm looking at 260, likely.

Would you raise the exhaust a degree or two to bleed off some compression or just go with it?

What is the intended use for the saw? What bar and chain set up? What kind of wood will it be cutting?

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Numbers are 105/120/76

Cut a dish in the piston :)

Lighter rotating weight, those numbers look good for 50cc imo