PAST Central PA gtg 2.0

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. We're over 30 for internet saw users... But not 300. :)

I'm a huge advocate for shooting competitions, but with 50+ people including kiddies, I'm not thinking we should shoot.

I wouldn't have room for both guns and saws in the Mustang anyway!! But it was a fun thought!

I used to do a lot more shooting, now I seem to focus more on hunting. Did a high power shoot once, using open sights over 600 yds of water with a 223 mini 14 is .... interesting!!! Had to raise the rear sight so much there were no clicks catching it, but it kept them on the paper. Have an old one with all wood stock (no plastic vent cover). I understand the new ones are more accurate.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't have room for both guns and saws in the Mustang anyway!! But it was a fun thought!

I used to do a lot more shooting, now I seem to focus more on hunting. Did a high power shoot once, using open sights over 600 yds of water with a 223 mini 14 is .... interesting!!! Had to raise the rear sight so much there were no clicks catching it, but it kept them on the paper. Have an old one with all wood stock (no plastic vent cover). I understand the new ones are more accurate.

New ones are more accurate. Yours would have probably been a 180 or 181 series. They were M.O.B. Minute Of Barndoor.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is an early one, and definitely not a tack driver! I was not hand loading at the time, so I tested various factory loads. It liked the Olin FMJ best, kept them at about 4" at 100 yds.

I have 2 bolt action Ruger M-77s that really used to shoot well (glass bedded both of them and had trigger work). The 300 Win Mag would shoot 5/8" groups, and the 220 Swift would put holes in holes at 100 yds. Put lot of rounds through both guns, and neither of them shoot that well now.

Got a Ruger American Rifle in 06 and a Win Mdl 70 in 270 WSM, and they both shoot tight groups. The Win has trigger work and glass bedding, but the Ruger is untouched. Funny how the cheapest gun needed the least work!

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a Savage axis in 223 for a cheap ground hog gun and I love it. I do wish I had sprung for the Accu trigger..... But I can always add a Timmy.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AJ changed his avatar pic. Wonder what's pushing near 300 pounds!?!?!
lol. I figured some guys would get a kick out of that gauge pic. It's actually nothing fun, or saw related. It's a Hyundai 1.6l with I suspect a carbon buildup problem I was diagnosing a misfire on at work.