• Total voters

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello all, I hope that everyone had a blessed Christmas and a happy new year.

It looks like me and Scotty are gonna be hosting another GTG again this year back at the Blair County Game Fish and Forestry sportsman's club again in central PA.

The dates are cleared and set with the club and locked in.

JUNE 9TH, 10TH AND 11TH.

I am just getting the word out now so everyone can start making preparations.

More info will be to follow, stay tuned!

This will also be posted on FHC.
* When casting your vote please only vote on one site or the other so we can get a more accurate count.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Place: Blair County Game Fish and Forestry association. On the trap range.
301 Riggles Gap Sportsmen Rd, Altoona, PA 16601
You will be getting off on the Pinecroft exit from I-99. You shouldn't have any problems finding it with the GPS but I will be posting signs along the road like last year.

When: June 9th, 10th and 11th 2023

Menu listed below will be a general list of what is being provided.

All plates, napkins, plastic ware and cups provided by me and Scotty.

Lunch Friday 9th and Saturday 10th: Burgers and Hotdogs provided by the club.

Friday 9th supper: Pizza in the outdoor pizza oven at Scotty's house (what we've all been waiting for this has been a long time in the making) . Provided by Scotty and me.

Breakfast Saturday 10th: Apple sausage, eggs, bacon and english muffins and or toast, doughnuts and coffee.
I will bring the apple sausage and if anyone else wants to chip in with other food items let me know!

Supper on Saturday 10th: Apple sausage, brisket and chicken with sauces. Provided by me and Scotty.

Breakfast/ lunch Sunday 11th: Grab leftovers from the otdoor kitchen coolers for the trip home.

*Any casseroles, side dishes, snacks, drinks and goodies will be provided by the generosity of the attending guests who choose to bring something.
There are commercial coolers and freezers where food can be kept till it's time to use it!

As the time approaches closer we will start getting a food extras list together, such as snacks, sides, casseroles and goodies. I will make sure that the complete list stays updated on both sites!

As last year we'll be working on having a nice pile of wood to cut in the same area. This year we'll be taking all of the wood from an area just to the right of the trap range as you come up the hill. The club is clearing an area of 150 ft X 80 ft to add another range. So it we don't have it all cleared by the GTG time we can continue clearing the land.
I haven't had a chance to look over the size of the tree's yet but I am sure we can get at least a few nice sized logs some where for guy's to play with the big saws.

The rules apply the same as last year.

1) Anyone who chooses to camp at the GTG site will be allowed to camp on the trap range. Porta potties and a wash station will be available. There is also spring water available that is constantly running for drinking and with a spigot to fill up bottles.

2) 4 wheelers and side by sides are welcome to get from place to place just respect the land and don't tear it up. Splitters are welcome to help with the splitting duties.

3) Adult drinks will be allowed in the GTG area only, after the work is done (evening hours) as long as it it discreet and doesn't get out of control.

4) You will be allowed to bring your rifles/ pistols to shoot for free if you are helping out and processing wood for the GTG . If you are not a PA resident and out of state and decide to bring a weapon of your choice to shoot that will be on you to check into the state rules and regulations for the transport and use of weapons across state line!

We would like to plan on another raffle. If you have anything that you would like to donate please send me a PM and I can start making up a raffle list.

Steve (SBK1980) and Tanya Becher are planning on donating a hand forged knife and a turned piece of wood work. They will also plan on having stuff there for sale as well

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Raffle list

1) Hand forged knife (SBK1980) FHC

2) Hand turned bowl (SBK1980's wife Tanya) FHC

3) Three framed old time logging pictures. (041FanForLife) OPE

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is being discussed amongst the mitten contingent. Can some "to-go" apple sausage be arranged? That stuff still shows up in my dreams occasionally.

Absolutely! The butcher shop is only about 10 minutes away from the GTG.

It would be wise to call ahead and place an order because it's usually out spoken for when they make it or it gets sold out quickly!

You call in and place an order with your credit card.

Roll's meat market
Altoona PA
(814) 942-2329

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hall84