David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i'd make them both look the same and make sure nothing snags on the new piston. Marcel Vincent used to do that to all his saw but he was running the funny fuel and needed the case volume.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it will, i don't know what to expect, may lose a little snap or it may be fine. they had an 034 jug that looked like that. I have one on the shelf but never ran one.

SixGun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Case needs bearings , so it's going to be a while before I can test it. I think I'm going to leave the other side alone.
The C clips were in place so it was just sudden failure for some reason

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
036. Looks like I went too wide

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 23

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
was still running fine 084.

Cd2100 i bought as a non runner... sure was a non runner.

084 crank.

same saw

same saw

Last edited:

Danders

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had bike motors let go on me, one spectacularly, but so far no saws. There's always tomorrow I suppose. I'm surprised at the relative lack of case damage in the pictures where pistons have lost chunks of the skirt. I would have guessed that chunk of metal would get thrashed around and booger things up good before the crank finally stops spinning. For any of you guys that have had that happen, do you find that the bottom end is usually salvageable?

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've had bike motors let go on me, one spectacularly, but so far no saws. There's always tomorrow I suppose. I'm surprised at the relative lack of case damage in the pictures where pistons have lost chunks of the skirt. I would have guessed that chunk of metal would get thrashed around and booger things up good before the crank finally stops spinning. For any of you guys that have had that happen, do you find that the bottom end is usually salvageable?
In my second and third pic there was nothing salvageable about that motor. Broke the rod and it window ported ported the case. First and last pics botom ends were fine.