High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Building a mill.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Used a 16ft ladder off of an extension ladder to mill with. That made things easy and the mill slides easier in wide stuff over twenty inches. Used pallet boards across three ladder rungs and three inch deck screws. Quick and easy. Only had to reset the mill once after the first cut squared it up.

Trying some 404 H skip to see if it cuts any better in wide stuff over thirty inches like pin oak. Might test the 128DL RSLH 3/8 if I ever get that extra oiler on there.

The smaller trailer looks like a win to do a tow around mill.
Never got pics yet :-(

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You got some nice boards with the hand mill I haven’t done much lately neither

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
C704DD5E-186C-47CB-8F57-15A2628CF087.jpeg 99D2711B-B4AB-449E-89E0-DEB7229226D4.jpeg 8C5B9E33-A770-43A4-84B7-5A3B900DC10E.jpeg
Today’s project, already had the bed from a homemade bandsaw i got. I will eventually get the bandsaw going but I put 3 days into it putting on a different motor and wired for electric start ect only to find out whoever built it didn’t put a way to tension the blade on it and they used trailer tires one of which won’t hold air. So I’ve decided to avoid future headaches I’m going to cut mill apart and start from scratch. Since bandsaw needs to be started over and I have a pile of wood to mill I built this. Going to make bandsaw cut up to 36” since I have to start over anyway.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing I need to do is put on a remote throttle and add some weight to base. Base was to light till I added the plates” saw pulled it into the tree”. And I need to take one of the oil caps out of a scrap 08 to drill and tap for a fitting. Need to run a hose from a remote tank to the saw tank otherwise I need to pull saw out for filling. Be nice to have an 084 or 088 in this respect. Even if I had a 41” bar for my 064 I don’t think it would have the required power for this.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Definitely going to need close up pics of the cross bar roller saddle. Very nice for a quick ladder mill.
I have all those small parts in stock but used. I see them soaking in a bucket of gas for cleaning and finding a new use. My little mig welder got a test drive yesterday with some 035 on the wifey exhaust. Found a roll of 024 wire. Set it up with triple gas mix, got some new tips and an old spare cone for the Tweco mini. Things are starting to look better with that all ready now. Started eyeballing bed rails on the trash yesterday during my ride home ;-) Won't be long now. Found a nice bedding frame just like yours twelve feet long.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fiberglass ladder isn’t the right one to use apparently in my case anyway. One side broke under the bearings on the cart and I ended up with a real crooked cut. Next thing to do is make metal rails in place of the ladder. They will be attached to the log bed so hopefully they stay level with it even after moving around yard.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not the best photos but as soon as the weather gets better i will get some more and do some dimensions
its been a long build when most weeks nothing has been done

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
not the best photos but as soon as the weather gets better i will get some more and do some dimensions
its been a long build when most weeks nothing has been done
Cool. You can use a tape measure up close to get the money shoots. I like the chain drive head height. A stepper motor with a sliding lock pin should do the trick for auto set.

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
how do you get the logs on? roll them up from the side? or do you have a winch to pull them on from the end?

At the moment I was going too use the pallet forks on the tractor
Then do some experimenting on being self sufficient without a tractor

Your idea of winching them up the end with maybe a roller on the end is
a good idea

ajschainsaws

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. You can use a tape measure up close to get the money shoots. I like the chain drive head height. A stepper motor with a sliding lock pin should do the trick for auto set.

Yes I will get the measure out for you I was thinking about a vertical shaft 4 stroke engine with oil filter and around 15hp I got two auxiliary oilers lying around