Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I signed up over on that new forum. If Bruce is involved......we should all support it.

Yeah?
I can barely keep track of this forum!
Over the past couple years I neglected several forums I was more or less active in, I just don't have the time. :(

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW, why is it "THE" chainsaw forum with as little traffic they have so far? o_O

It can only become "THE" chainsaw forum if we all go over there and abandon this one and/or whichever other chainsaw forum everyone is on. :confused:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW, why is it "THE" chainsaw forum with as little traffic they have so far? o_O

It can only become "THE" chainsaw forum if we all go over there and abandon this one and/or whichever other chainsaw forum everyone is on. :confused:

I'm just helping boost it a little. This is the only forum I'm interested in being a "regular" member of.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"XP® stands for “Extra Performance.” Compared to the Husqvarna Professional series, XP® chainsaws are designed with more horsepower, a better power-to-weight ratio, faster acceleration, higher maximum rotations per minute (RPM) and a special power band optimized for skilled users."
I poked over to that new forum and found this little tidbit explaining the "difference" between a 272 and 272 XP. Now I'm wondering, what pro series Huskies aren't an XP?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score

I noticed that as well. I figured it was more of an FU to this place than anything else. I wonder how many YouTube guys will become forum guys now lol.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed that as well. I figured it was more of an FU to this place than anything else. I wonder how many YouTube guys will become forum guys now lol.

Not many. There are those who read and write....and those who just watch videos. There isn't a lot of overlap.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"XP® stands for “Extra Performance.” Compared to the Husqvarna Professional series, XP® chainsaws are designed with more horsepower, a better power-to-weight ratio, faster acceleration, higher maximum rotations per minute (RPM) and a special power band optimized for skilled users."
I poked over to that new forum and found this little tidbit explaining the "difference" between a 272 and 272 XP. Now I'm wondering, what pro series Huskies aren't an XP?

From what I've seen marked on saws, XP stands for "extra power", though who knows maybe it's both.
Did they make a 'non XP' 272?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
From what I've seen marked on saws, XP stands for "extra power", though who knows maybe it's both.
Did they make a 'non XP' 272?

Good question, and it's yes and no. There's only two IPL's for the 272(xp) the first 1993 says it's a 272. The second says it's a 272xp in 1997. Even in the first IPL there is all the XP badging for the saw.
The early examples I have personally seen were all badged 272xp.
The two biggest differences between the two that I know of are the crankshaft/flywheel combination and the latter having the HD air filtration set up available for it. Otherwise pretty much the same saw and has never been updated since.
Mostly I think it comes from people just shortening the name from 272xp to 272 for convenience sake. It's not like the 268 open port and 268xp closed port version of the same saw, that never happened with the 272xp.

Edit: Early(first) Mahle cylinders were non-decomp all later cylinders employed a decompression valve.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4sicky....haven't seen ya post for longtime.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good question, and it's yes and no. There's only two IPL's for the 272(xp) the first 1993 says it's a 272. The second says it's a 272xp in 1997. Even in the first IPL there is all the XP badging for the saw.
The early examples I have personally seen were all badged 272xp.
The two biggest differences between the two that I know of are the crankshaft/flywheel combination and the latter having the HD air filtration set up available for it. Otherwise pretty much the same saw and has never been updated since.
Mostly I think it comes from people just shortening the name from 272xp to 272 for convenience sake. It's not like the 268 open port and 268xp closed port version of the same saw, that never happened with the 272xp.

Edit: Early(first) Mahle cylinders were non-decomp all later cylinders employed a decompression valve.
i have seen black tag 262s,272s and 3120s that just say the number on the tag, without the xp, but never seen one without the xp on the decal. some people just overthink stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.