Not open for further replies.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I signed up too, it might end up being a good forum if they can keep the piece and love to a minimum.

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm a bit player here so bear with me...

I thought this forum was sponsored by HL Supply, who i buy a fair amount from. I belong to alot of forums but participate sparingly, probably here the most. I'm not "fer" or "agin' anyone.. I don't get involved enough to do that, and have no desire to hate on anyone.

But, a few thoughts..

I applaud Matty for trying to supply the enthusiast market with parts we need.. We could use more of that.

BBR...
I've watched him, and at times been entertained. Nothing wrong with trying to promote good will amongst folks... whether it's genuine or part of his money making "schtick" I'll leave up to him.
He's pretty good at self promotion, but I consider him to be a product of the current environment. Hucksters and charlatans abound in today's world... i get calls every day trying to part me from my money... the times we live in. Am I giving him a pass for accepting, sometimes big money from anonymous followers? No... I consider it unconscionable, but, my dear old Dad taught me a long time ago that "a fool and his money are soon parted!" P.T. Barnum know the score long ago..." There's a sucker born every minute!"
I couldn't do what BBR does.. I would never accept the items he takes for granted, but that's me. It's been said he does good with the contributions.. maybe so... maybe not. I don't know for a fact either way, and I don't just accept the word of folks who only claim to know.

One thing I won't do is paint his family with the same broad brush... it's just not fair.

As long as his followers feel they're getting value for the money they throw at him, perhaps they do. They may also be looking for their 15 minutes of fame, by having their name mentioned. It takes all kinds to make the world go round..

All this said, I would have returned Matty's equipment after giving it an HONEST evaluation. BBR said that no one used/ uses 288's, but they're a dime a dozen in his area. SOMEONE must have used them, no?

Anyway, just some random thoughts after runnin' the little Setter for 2 1/2 on hours on this lazy Sunday AM...

BTW, after all this, my "Get the Gullet" T- shirts and hats just arrived... I'm excited to try them on...

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a bit player here so bear with me...

I thought this forum was sponsored by HL Supply, who i buy a fair amount from. I belong to alot of forums but participate sparingly, probably here the most. I'm not "fer" or "agin' anyone.. I don't get involved enough to do that, and have no desire to hate on anyone.

But, a few thoughts..

I applaud Matty for trying to supply the enthusiast market with parts we need.. We could use more of that.

BBR...
I've watched him, and at times been entertained. Nothing wrong with trying to promote good will amongst folks... whether it's genuine or part of his money making "schtick" I'll leave up to him.
He's pretty good at self promotion, but I consider him to be a product of the current environment. Hucksters and charlatans abound in today's world... i get calls every day trying to part me from my money... the times we live in. Am I giving him a pass for accepting, sometimes big money from anonymous followers? No... I consider it unconscionable, but, my dear old Dad taught me a long time ago that "a fool and his money are soon parted!" P.T. Barnum know the score long ago..." There's a sucker born every minute!"
I couldn't do what BBR does.. I would never accept the items he takes for granted, but that's me. It's been said he does good with the contributions.. maybe so... maybe not. I don't know for a fact either way, and I don't just accept the word of folks who only claim to know.

One thing I won't do is paint his family with the same broad brush... it's just not fair.

As long as his followers feel they're getting value for the money they throw at him, perhaps they do. They may also be looking for their 15 minutes of fame, by having their name mentioned. It takes all kinds to make the world go round..

All this said, I would have returned Matty's equipment after giving it an HONEST evaluation. BBR said that no one used/ uses 288's, but they're a dime a dozen in his area. SOMEONE must have used them, no?

Anyway, just some random thoughts after runnin' the little Setter for 2 1/2 on hours on this lazy Sunday AM...

BTW, after all this, my "Get the Gullet" T- shirts and hats just arrived... I'm excited to try them on...
@dall was telling me of some new hats and shirts

They are gonna say

Blow my Gullet

I'm thinking about investing

Status
Not open for further replies.