Blackstone griddle

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ones at longhorn steakhouse are really good. I need to find out how they make them.
I've never cooked them but my wife and mother do.

1 thing, a lot of times its luck of the draw. Some batches just arent as good, maybe they are old, or young or I dont know but its hard to look at them and tell which ones are good.

2 dont over cook them but likewise dont under cook them. Kind of a goldy locks thing.

Also, you boys have convinced me to go get a black stone. Just gota finish wearing out this grill I got.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

1 thing, a lot of times its luck of the draw. Some batches just arent as good, maybe they are old, or young or I dont know but its hard to look at them and tell which ones are good.

2 dont over cook them but likewise dont under cook them. Kind of a goldy locks thing.

Also, you boys have convinced me to go get a black stone. Just gota finish wearing out this grill I got.
I've cooked them a lot in a pot with butter sauce but this is the first time frying them. Yeah I think I'm gonna like this Blackstone alot. The hamburger steaks were good. More juicy than on my gas grill and I didn't have to worry about it flaring up. I put liquid smoke and Worcestershire on them and a little salt and pepper.

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've cooked them a lot in a pot with butter sauce but this is the first time frying them. Yeah I think I'm gonna like this Blackstone alot. The hamburger steaks were good. More juicy than on my gas grill and I didn't have to worry about it flaring up. I put liquid smoke and Worcestershire on them and a little salt and pepper.

Wasnt even thinking about cooking them in a pot. We usually only have them halved and "roasted" in the oven or in a skillet on the stove (similar to a mini blackstone). I think boiling them or using a sauce like you mentioned makes them a lot more forgiving.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasnt even thinking about cooking them in a pot. We usually only have them halved and "roasted" in the oven or in a skillet on the stove (similar to a mini blackstone). I think boiling them or using a sauce like you mentioned makes them a lot more forgiving.

Yes, I buy the small whole frozen ones and cook them in a garlic butter sauce. I had a bag in the freezer and decided to try them on the Blackstone. I cut them in half before doing so. Maybe fresh ones would be better. They were good but not as good as boiling in the sauce. I may try them again with maybe some balsamic vinegar and maybe drizzled with some honey or something.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did some sirloin tips on it today. They were very good. Marinaded them in Worcestershire, a little soy and liquid smoke. Added some pepper, garlic and onion powder. Only took a few minutes to cook. Will definitely be doing those again.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wait until a grill "wears out"?...if you had a Weber you'd die first. You need btwn six and a dozen Weber grills and smokers. They wouldn't mind a Blackstone sittin' amongst 'em either. lol

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't ever remember to take pictures when I cooking but here is what I'm doing right now. Fried chicken tenders.

Attachments

• IMG_20230306_180859114.jpg
    IMG_20230306_180859114.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 24

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You gonna wear the paint off that thing if you don’t slow down…lol. Groceries look good.

I cook on it every chance I get. I like it a lot. I rolled those chicken tenders in House Autry seafood breader. They were pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
36” with no hood here. Use ours a lot. You can fill it up in a hurry. Haven’t used my gas grill since we got it two years ago.
We picked up a 36" Blackstone about 5 months ago. Our gas grill hasn't been on since..

Last edited:

41FanForLife

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are getting lots of use out of ours. Walleye fillets in the foil pack. Mmmmm.

Attachments

• 94532~2.jpeg
    94532~2.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 22

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they come in Natural Gas, or must they be converted?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve only seen the LP Mon Frère.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they come in Natural Gas, or must they be converted?
You will have to check Blackstone website to be sure. I do know they sell a conversion kit for some models.