Blackstone griddle

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking about getting a Blackstone 36" propane griddle with the hood on it. Who has one and what's your favorite thing to cook on it?

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thinking about getting a Blackstone 36" propane griddle with the hood on it. Who has one and what's your favorite thing to cook on it?
I have the 27” for camping that i can quick connect to our 5th wheel. Everything is my favorite to cook on it. Steak and cheese, sammiches, breffis, smash burgers, the list goes on once you get one. In our group of friends we camp with we all have one so we can get a lot of food cooked.

I believe @Dream and @huskihl have a 36”

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blackstone‘s are good, I’ve eaten a ton of groceries off of ‘em. I’ve had a Camp Chef Pro 90 for several years…triple 30K burners, large foldout end shelves, windscreen. The 18x36 inch griddle works well and weighs about 45lbs.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maaaan...this has been a talking point at my house. I've had a conventional grill my entire life minus a fire pit with a grate over it. Friend of mine has a flat iron grill and man, I have been considering it ever since. I like the ability to Saute veggies, how it's easier to keep chicken and burgers tender and moist...im also a super sucker for eggs and hashbrowns.

It's a great tool if you lose power often, like I do where I am.

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been thinking of getting one myself.

If the OP doesnt mind, how about post up if you think one brand has an advantage over another. Or who you think makes the best flat top.

Most of my buddies have black stones but I have been looking at a camp chef too.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been thinking of getting one myself.

If the OP doesnt mind, how about post up if you think one brand has an advantage over another. Or who you think makes the best flat top.

Most of my buddies have black stones but I have been looking at a camp chef too.
I have only seen Blackstone around here. I haven't researched any other brands. I guess I should do that.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's something I might would give a little thought to...the center to center distance between the burners with the griddle removed. We do a helluva lot of fish fries around these parts and the Pro 90 will hold three fish cooker aluminum pots with oil at one time on its' heavy gauge steel rack....albeit I do have three other stand-alone fish cooker setups, it's pretty convenient to have three burners avail side by side by side instead of dragging the others out and setting them up with separate gas bottles or doing the Y thing and splitting two off one bottle. Buy the optional griddle top and you've got a setup to accommodate oil cooking and slinging groceries on the griddle at any time. I bought the grill box for my Pro 90 years ago and it works pretty sporty as well...covers two of the three burners and allows the third burner to be used for something as well.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got the original 36” Blackstone with the side grease tray vs being in the back like the new ones. We mostly use it for breakfast for larger gatherings. No issues. It’ll cook enough homemade corned beef hash for 30 guys at once 👍😁. Probably seen the pics in my past gtg threads.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
10:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got the original 36” Blackstone with the side grease tray vs being in the back like the new ones. We mostly use it for breakfast for larger gatherings. No issues. It’ll cook enough homemade corned beef hash for 30 guys at once 👍😁. Probably seen the pics in my past gtg threads.
Not fast enough to need a windscreen like Jason's tho...

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal…and HBD if it’s already passed, today, or coming up whenever.

I need to go find me a ball and chain that’ll buy me stuffs like this.
The more rotund the better for you. One where anorexia won’t be an issue for 20 years. A skinny one won’t be around for long with you eating up all the food.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good deal…and HBD if it’s already passed, today, or coming up whenever.

I need to go find me a ball and chain that’ll buy me stuffs like this.
Thanks, it's actually on March 2nd. Be here before you know it. She is a great woman. I'm blessed to have her.