Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lmao at @thomas1 humour, with a lovely Sarcastic tone…

Its the best humour here, and then Randy follows it up every well with thomas1..

T1 has been around a very long time. He has been keeping Randy in check since the wee days of AS. Always love his presence

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That there would be a real value added feature, no swear filter for the paid membership…

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
VBulletin was expensive to operate and I think one had to pay for each update.
Xenforo is easier on the wallet.
The diesel forum I'm on switched a few years back.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lmao at @thomas1 humour, with a lovely Sarcastic tone…

Its the best humour here, and then Randy follows it up every well with thomas1..

T1 has been around a very long time. He has been keeping Randy in check since the wee days of AS. Always love his presence

Thomas and I have been friends for a great many years now. We’ve seen a lot of mfers come and go.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, since you asked...

I'm still curious as to where the fantasy version originated from. :D

No effort was made to "tame" anything, there was no crowd to tame.

I'm not sure if this is meant to be derogatory or not?

There was no dancing and no money changed hands.

They viewed the site analytics and saw it as a viable option to generate ad revenue.

That said, I was told groupbuilder would be taking over. A quick internets search revealed that they had a history of acquiring small forums and ruining them. I was introduced to the new admin "angie" and she assured me that they were not going to make any changes. "She" also told me "she" wasn't sure if "she" would register with her "angie" or "andy" persona. The site was migrated to their server and I noticed some glitches behind the scenes, things that wouldn't show on the site, but were obviously being changed in the admin control panel. I hadn't signed up for corporate oversight, so I told them to remove me as admin/mod as I had no desire to be involved in the clusterfuck they were creating. I started a new site and most of the guys came over. I think they took over on a Thursday and the new site was up on Saturday, iirc. Those days may be wrong, but the duration was something close to that.

At some point I was logged out and my password no longer worked. This wasn't because I was banned. It's a work around as a result of the forum software to view a persons PMs. With the xenforo software unless you get an add-on admins cannot see a person's password, but they can reset it to a different password. So, they reset the password, log in as the user and read their no longer private messages. I let who I could know that I was no longer in control of my account and never attempted to log back in.

With the mass exodus the post count plummeted. There were probably more posts on any single day prior to the transition than there were in the entire 10 months after.

It appears that they shut the site down at approximately the same time as they took over AS. I have no idea if that's permanent.

There are other details, of course, but that's the basics.

Now I was not a super active person on SH, but I was there every now and then.
I have had small forums myself, many years ago though, I kind of feel like what your guys did when you all left SH.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thomas and I have been friends for a great many years now. We’ve seen a lot of mfers come and go.

Remember when he sent you a box of parts to make a chainsaw out of? Sent to "Dirty Hippie Removal"

:risas3:

Good times!