legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thread Derail time?

A bit related, in how organizations merge or sell to each other or call it a "Partnership" and how it seems to always come down to just being about data gathering and marketing (selling it back to) you.

Never mind the facebook/meta tracking bugs.
Wait till you find out that your Drs office/hospital has been running your "Web Portal" through facebook/meta.

Can't find the link anymore but.. (i hate link rot/breakage and news/media companys are the worst)
News story on local TV (about a year~ish ? back) said that some "patient data exposure" occurred and was briefly mentioned on local newscast.
News readers stated that facebook was handling Atriums web services and therefore privy to All of your personal communications with your DRs and (facebook) had left patient info exposed to whomever simply went poking about in the right places.

Atrium could probably afford to burn dollars in a monthly bonfire, but they went to facebooks ilk to parse your medical data?

Last edited:

TNTreehugger

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thread Derail time?

A bit related, in how organizations merge or sell to each other or call it a "Partnership" and how it seems to always come down to just being about data gathering and marketing (selling it back to) you.

Never mind the facebook/meta tracking bugs.
Wait till you find out that your Drs office/hospital has been running your "Web Portal" through facebook/meta.

Can't find the link anymore but.. (i hate link rot/breakage and news/media companys are the worst)
News story on local TV (about a year~ish ? back) said that some "patient data exposure" occurred and was briefly mentioned on local newscast.
News readers stated that facebook was handling Atriums web services and therefore privy to All of your personal communications with your DRs and (facebook) had left patient info exposed to whomever simply went poking about in the right places.

Atrium could probably afford to burn dollars in a monthly bonfire, but they went to facebooks ilk to parse your medical data?
I love a good thread derailment!

I know what you mean about bad links, that's why I try to copy/paste entire text along with the link on information I think is important.
That's what I did with all the info I found on water flurodation years ago. Now most of the links are broken, but I still have the info saved on flash drive, along with the source.

I'm not surprised about patient medical info being sold.
There is no such thing as privacy anymore... that all disappeared when the interwebs came along.

FernGreen

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently came over from A.S. just because that's what a few saw guys near me recommended I switch to. With that being said, who owns this site? I see this site is not ad free either at least without buying the membership.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently came over from A.S. just because that's what a few saw guys near me recommended I switch to. With that being said, who owns this site? I see this site is not ad free either at least without buying the membership.
HLSupply owns it.
It’s only a few $ per year to fund the site and get rid of the ads

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
HLSupply owns it.
It’s only a few $ per year to fund the site and get rid of the ads
Except it doesn't get rid of "all" the ads. A little frustrating imo, especially on my phone!!!

Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 9.57.19 PM.png

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag