AS under new management

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently AS has been sold to the same group that got hold of Sawhawgz, should be interesting…
It went so-so with them after that transition.

Maybe Mike from Maine will finally get to be a moderator on Arboristsite
Maybe, as long as they do not check how many accounts he has there.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ashamed they won't cull the herd of two ex-Mod P'sOS over there...before Angie & Co sink the ship!

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think sadly AS at some point a few years ago took a turn for the worse. If you dug through older threads there were some really knowledgeable members and they all left. It's now kinda the blind leading the blind. There is no point commenting in a thread when someone with there new MS170 is ready to jump on you and tell it how it is. Mostly is just folk repeating things they've read or heard rather than offering a view based off real world long term experience. How new owners will ever change that is beyond my pay grade. Its better for a laugh these days as you shake your head rather than a resource.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a brand new 170 so I'll get over there and straighten them out
kidding.
Can't help wonder what 20 years of train wrecks are worth/value.

Learned long ago all the saws on the web are way better than any I've ran or ever will lol. Much easier.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sort of lost track of the goings on over at sawhawgz in the past couple years.
What happened to it? Maybe an intentional thinning of the herd?
Didn't last very long under the new ownership. Certainly would've been a handful for an outsider to moderate if they had wanted to alter the general 'content', lol.

I have to wonder if this buyout trend business model has anything to do with the the creation of the new forum...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went through all of this years back on the diesel forums. They get bought out by big conglomerate companies. Tbey basically buy all the information that members post.
It becomes big business. They have paid moderators who try to follow THEIR rules and get run off. The intelligent members leave and your left with the riff raff. It's really sad actually.

Verticalscope.co
They own and operate many forums then SPAM members with ads, etc... they basically ruin forums that were started from ground up. Sites like this one. All the knowledge that was put into these sites suddenly becomes THEIRS.

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went through all of this years back on the diesel forums. They get bought out by big conglomerate companies. Tbey basically buy all the information that members post.
It becomes big business. They have paid moderators who try to follow THEIR rules and get run off. The intelligent members leave and your left with the riff raff. It's really sad actually.

Verticalscope.co
They own and operate many forums then SPAM members with ads, etc... they basically ruin forums that were started from ground up. Sites like this one. All the knowledge that was put into these sites suddenly becomes THEIRS.

That sucks balls...

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lmao…just read the comments on Ass Site in regards to changing ownership. Guess who the *f-wordk is ‘liking’ every single post mysterious Angie is posting up or replying to?

You guessed it…that f’ng cork soaking, homo, worthless POS Del!

Simply amazing ain’t it? What a f’ng POS!

Last edited:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Verticalscope.co
thanks for the information Jeff, and 100% agree with you.

Yep, I searched around a bit tonight, actually for the new owner of AS.
Verticalscope.com which you are talking about (there was stuff about them who wasnt good), and groupbuilder.com which bought AS.
There are two groups that are basically spammers, that's really what they are.
Search for Faith Lopez, faith@groupbuilder.com
Then you see a little about how aggressive they are to buy forums.

When I read how hooked they are to get so many ads on the forums, I hope that Bruce never sells this forum, and at least not to one of the two groups.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score

Verticalscope.co
Well that’s F-cked up isn’t it :(