AS under new management

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think sadly AS at some point a few years ago took a turn for the worse. If you dug through older threads there were some really knowledgeable members and they all left. It's now kinda the blind leading the blind. There is no point commenting in a thread when someone with there new MS170 is ready to jump on you and tell it how it is. Mostly is just folk repeating things they've read or heard rather than offering a view based off real world long term experience. How new owners will ever change that is beyond my pay grade. Its better for a laugh these days as you shake your head rather than a resource.

There are still some awesome, knowledgable, and helpful folks over on AS. I jump between both sites, and many of those of whom
I speak of are here too. That said, some solid AS members helped me out long ago when I was green and messed up my beloved MS310 (my first "real" firewood saw).

Not sticking up for the site as a whole, but there are still some great people over there.

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doing ok. Thanks. Normally I'd trade you some work but we're slower than normal right now. I haven't bow hunted in years and I still miss it. If this slowdown continues maybe I'll have time to get enough venison to share. I'm looking for a buyer for the AR .450 I picked up last year. I want a bolt gun. I think my boy wants it but who the hell can predict a 22 year old with more $$ than he's ever had. Reminds me of someone...

I know a guy with a Ruger America bolt gun in .450BM that would porbably rather have the evil black Asshault Rifle version...

Just saying ;)

Muad

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I find pretty odd is the number of forums that have been bought recently and changed to the same forum software. These are just the few that I know of.
One even had a REALLY small number of posts per day. Sometimes a week would go by with no posts. I know of 4 or 5 forums that have changed software recently.
Saws, Brewing, Chevy trucks, a car forum, a firearm forum. Just strange.
Reminds me of my old
employer. Outfit bought popular websites and forums, and owned VB forum software. They ran most of them into the ground, including the site I worked for that they acquired.

Sad.