AS under new management

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It makes me giggle that someone would buy Sawhawgz put ads up everywhere and try to tame the crowd...lol. Sawhawgz was the underbelly of saw forums where the members had no filter and just didn't give a fk! Sawhawgz original owner would have done a dance laughing when the new owners handed over the money.:cunaooooo: But still, there lack of due diligence speaks volumes, they essentially wrecked a forum (that many liked and benefited from) in a failed pursuit of financial reward.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It makes me giggle that someone would buy Sawhawgz put ads up everywhere and try to tame the crowd...lol. Sawhawgz was the underbelly of saw forums where the members had no filter and just didn't give a fk! Sawhawgz original owner would have done a dance laughing when the new owners handed over the money.:cunaooooo: But still, there lack of due diligence speaks volumes, they essentially wrecked a forum (that many liked and benefited from) in a failed pursuit of financial reward.

The majority of your post is inaccurate.

birdmeter

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks for the information Jeff, and 100% agree with you.

Yep, I searched around a bit tonight, actually for the new owner of AS.
Verticalscope.com which you are talking about (there was stuff about them who wasnt good), and groupbuilder.com which bought AS.
There are two groups that are basically spammers, that's really what they are.
Search for Faith Lopez, faith@groupbuilder.com
Then you see a little about how aggressive they are to buy forums.

When I read how hooked they are to get so many ads on the forums, I hope that Bruce never sells this forum, and at least not to one of the two groups.
yeah but 20 bucks is 20 bucks.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell us the story... what happened?

How about you tell me why you made up a fantasy in your head and choose to spread it as if it was the truth? I don't recall you being a participating member of SH, yet somehow you've been compelled to fabricate a series of events that has no basis in reality.

If you actually wanted to know what happened you'd have asked someone that was there rather than spreading a line of bulllshit as if it were fact.

Why would I take the time to explain something to someone who, quite obviously, has no interest in the truth?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about you tell me why you made up a fantasy in your head and choose to spread it as if it was the truth? I don't recall you being a participating member of SH, yet somehow you've been compelled to fabricate a series of events that has no basis in reality.

If you actually wanted to know what happened you'd have asked someone that was there rather than spreading a line of bulllshit as if it were fact.

Why would I take the time to explain something to someone who, quite obviously, has no interest in the truth?

Easy tiger.

How about I ask?

So what really happened?

GeorgiaVOL

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What I find pretty odd is the number of forums that have been bought recently and changed to the same forum software. These are just the few that I know of.
One even had a REALLY small number of posts per day. Sometimes a week would go by with no posts. I know of 4 or 5 forums that have changed software recently.
Saws, Brewing, Chevy trucks, a car forum, a firearm forum. Just strange.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Easy tiger.

How about I ask?

So what really happened?

Well, since you asked...

I'm still curious as to where the fantasy version originated from. :D

It makes me giggle that someone would buy Sawhawgz put ads up everywhere and try to tame the crowd...lol.

No effort was made to "tame" anything, there was no crowd to tame.

Sawhawgz was the underbelly of saw forums where the members had no filter and just didn't give a fk!

I'm not sure if this is meant to be derogatory or not?

Sawhawgz original owner would have done a dance laughing when the new owners handed over the money.:cunaooooo:

There was no dancing and no money changed hands.

But still, there lack of due diligence speaks volumes, they essentially wrecked a forum (that many liked and benefited from) in a failed pursuit of financial reward.

They viewed the site analytics and saw it as a viable option to generate ad revenue.

That said, I was told groupbuilder would be taking over. A quick internets search revealed that they had a history of acquiring small forums and ruining them. I was introduced to the new admin "angie" and she assured me that they were not going to make any changes. "She" also told me "she" wasn't sure if "she" would register with her "angie" or "andy" persona. The site was migrated to their server and I noticed some glitches behind the scenes, things that wouldn't show on the site, but were obviously being changed in the admin control panel. I hadn't signed up for corporate oversight, so I told them to remove me as admin/mod as I had no desire to be involved in the clusterfuck they were creating. I started a new site and most of the guys came over. I think they took over on a Thursday and the new site was up on Saturday, iirc. Those days may be wrong, but the duration was something close to that.

At some point I was logged out and my password no longer worked. This wasn't because I was banned. It's a work around as a result of the forum software to view a persons PMs. With the xenforo software unless you get an add-on admins cannot see a person's password, but they can reset it to a different password. So, they reset the password, log in as the user and read their no longer private messages. I let who I could know that I was no longer in control of my account and never attempted to log back in.

With the mass exodus the post count plummeted. There were probably more posts on any single day prior to the transition than there were in the entire 10 months after.

It appears that they shut the site down at approximately the same time as they took over AS. I have no idea if that's permanent.

There are other details, of course, but that's the basics.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I find pretty odd is the number of forums that have been bought recently and changed to the same forum software. These are just the few that I know of.
One even had a REALLY small number of posts per day. Sometimes a week would go by with no posts. I know of 4 or 5 forums that have changed software recently.
Saws, Brewing, Chevy trucks, a car forum, a firearm forum. Just strange.

It could just be that people are moving away from vbulletin, which used to be the standard, to xenforo, which is what this site runs on. This site is even running an expired version of the xenforo software, if the copyright at the bottom of the page is correct. That may just be for the template, though.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hang on, let me sign up for the triple platinum diamond turbo edition membership. Then will you respond to my PMs?

I barely can hear you.....you're fading in and out.

Hello? HELLO???

Looks like a dropped call......oh well.