High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone ever try Startron fuel stabilizer?

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've recently tried startron stabilizer in my fuel. I'm adding 2 oz. to 5 gallons of 91 octane premium gasoline which also has 10% ethanol.
I have not noticed any difference in my saws at all. What say you folks?

Last edited:

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have first hand experience using it with saws, but I have run it in my 2 stroke Mariner outboard. I don't know if it made a difference since I think that motor would run on kerosene if needed.

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't use any stabilizer in my saw fuel. If it sits around too long I dump it in a car or the garden tractor and mix some fresh in with it. In the generator and the Harley for storage, however, I'll use Marvel Mystery Oil or Stabil.

HuskyHill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have been using Startron for several years in all my small engine fleet including my saws, mowers, splitter and generators and I have not had a problem with it and it seems to neutralize the dang ethanol problems. I do try to rotate the supply of gas I keep for generators etc by dumping into my pickup every three months or so if not used by then. I wish I had a local source for non ethanol gas

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the whole point of using it is so the ethanol doesn't separate. If it's working properly you won't notice a thing.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Marine Stabil here. Supposedly better than regular Stabil. I don't know if it is or isn't, but it's more expensive, so I buy it. I'm not a idiot.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As an FYI, was just told by guy who replaced the carb in generator, that simply running it out of gas isn't enough for longer term storage. He said problem is that the little bit left in carb evaporates and leaves varnish.
Not sure.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He recommends running it once a month, and if can't do that, run it dry. Then add a can or two of that canned stuff, start it up, let it run for 5 minutes, should be good to go.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Some small 4 stroke engines have a spring loaded popet valve in the bottom of the carb bowl. Just shut the gas off, get a yogert cup or soup can and drain the bowl. My tillers have one and so does my blower. Best to just drain the bowl IMO.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used Startron for years mostly in the snowblower and generator. The generator I like to fire up once in a while and the snowblower gets work in the winter. Put startron in it let it run for awhile and we're good to go til next year. I do rotate my gas and generally don't let anything sit for longer than 3 months. Also run 91 non-ethanol fuel.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm going to go check there bottle that I have. Last I recall it said it wasn't a stabilizer.

Terry Hennessy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been using Startron for several years in all my small engine fleet including my saws, mowers, splitter and generators and I have not had a problem with it and it seems to neutralize the dang ethanol problems. I do try to rotate the supply of gas I keep for generators etc by dumping into my pickup every three months or so if not used by then. I wish I had a local source for non ethanol gas
Look up your area at www.pure-gas.org; you may find a local you did not know about. I found 1 within 3-miles and 4 more within 10-miles

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have found Stabil to do just as it says! Put in generator and did not crank for at least 3 years and turned gas on and choked ,fired up 3rd. pull run flawlessly. I always turn gas off and let engine run out of gas when I am through using equip.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use it for my mowers and lawn tractor

Shanks

Happy little lumberjack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It works by keeping the ethanol in the gas.helps prevent phase separation and moisture from saturating the ethanol. I've noticed that if I don't use it I have trouble starting saws after a month or 2.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm going to go check there bottle that I have. Last I recall it said it wasn't a stabilizer.
I looked and it does not say that it is or isnt a stablizer. It says specifically that it is to prevent phase separation.

chainsawman2011

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use it all the time works good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk