rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome video Joe.

You’re well into the world of trial and error. Somebody needs to hack up a bunch of cranks and send them to Joe. A cheap and common clamshell would be a good candidate for experimentation.
I did this to a clamshell 2009 gave it a bit of hook still runs strong today for 35cc opened up the bottom of the transfers a bit as well had really odd long skinny transfers in the corners.
2 (3).JPG

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's simple it works but the whole thing is lame.
What really needs to happen in this joint is a dislike button. Seriously WTF why isn't there one?

I want a WTF button as well…and a GFY.

I did this to a clamshell 2009 gave it a bit of hook still runs strong today for 35cc opened up the bottom of the transfers a bit as well had really odd long skinny transfers in the corners.
View attachment 323885

That’s very similar to what I have tried. I like the diagonal trenches starting on the inside of the weights and aiming the turbulence at the transfers. I think a full circle turbo crank has potential.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you think about the quality of that long Forester bar? Oregon equivalent? Better or worse? How close is the gauge to .063?

I liked it when you used higher contrast colors on the graph like bright red, gold, green, blue, instead of 2 reds, 2 blues, and a black which sometimes kind of blends in with the blues. It all depends on what screen I'm watching from, and what quality of video I'm getting.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boy did I pick the wrong one! Lol looks like a tighter cone mount work better. Was the flange to cylinder matches on the cone, it looked smaller than the rest, could be my eyes! Lol

great test! Can believe the limp unit won! But I have lost 20hp on 100hp builds from dumb ideas on the dyno gained 20hp with a cdi box, the oem box make more power with a smaller motor and the aftermarket cdi lost power on the smaller mount, the bigger mount made 10 hp less with the oem cdi, and gained back the power and gained 10 more with an aftermarket cdi, it was crazy!! Lol the dyno