High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

A Little Improvement Porting The 562xp

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I notice the 562 cylinder employs a staggered transfer port layout where the mains and auxiliary transfers open at different stages. Would love to know Allen's thought's on this and weather its a key piece of the pie when it comes to the 562 power house. Also weather they are both angled in the same direction or if they are differently angled? It seems you have had good success in widening the both uppers, did you make any changes to the port roof angles?
The 562 only has dual transfers. For a work saw I do change the roof angle, giving it a little more on the intake side. For a play saw saw with higher exhaust, the flatter the better!

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ran 50:1 in the saw? I don't know if I'm correct but a lot of bogging issues seem to be in saws with 32:1 mix????

johnny5ny

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
awesome thread!!!!
makes me want to take apart and grind on my perfectly fine running 562
I think I owe it to myself to at least yank the base gasket since the MM :stick:

ps - I'm sure I speak for a lot of other guys when I say thank you for such a free-flow of information you guys share on OPE.
I've NEVER not been impressed by the work the builders on THIS site do.

:Saeufer:

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Both the upper trans and stratos were widened, and strato timing was increased by grinding the piston. I also raised the exhaust side piston skirt, to help open up the lowers a bit.
View attachment 9075

The actual intake port was left untouched, I only removed a bit of casting flash and smoothed things out a bit.
View attachment 9077

I wonder if slightly notching the strato intake to allow a slight bit more bypass (to get things going faster) would help any after the aforementioned mods. If you're adjusting the timing with regard to a/r-fuel mix delivery, it would almost seem logical that allowing a bit more bypass would ever so slightly lean the mixture back out, although that may be counter-productive for torque... Just a thought.

Alan,
I think after some other pressing bills are dispensed with, my 562 may come and see you for a massage.

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pretty much. Let us know how yours turns out!
Hey man, we need to get together. See if you want to build a couple saws and do some swapping an stuff. I'm covered up with 346 & 357 projects.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Alan,
have you devised a good 550xp recipe yet, or do you know anyone who has?