572xpg vs 500i

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My guess would be that the saw needs all the help it can get to keep the heat down inside.I seem to remember Dan saying that the fugger would get pretty damn toasty.
Hot you say? Run a stock 562 in 90° than feel the top cover [emoji15] How those saws ever got out the door makes me wonder.

But yeah keeping heat down is a good thing.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
2511 is a fun little saw, first one I did I took it apart way to much to port, had the av and controls all apart, it was a dirty saw, the next one was new and I learned quick not to take the controls apart. Fun time getting those front AV back in!

woodfarmer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The whole issue of which brand is better should never be anything more than a little good natured ribbing. Unfortunately, due to human nature, it usually devolves quick, fast, and in a hurry. I've made a handful of brand comments here and there, not out of brand loyalty, but just for a chuckle. In my opinion, that's all they should be for. Not much more I can say on it.

The OP stated stated that the 572 and 500i are the ONLY two saws he is interested in. If anyone wants to debate other saws, start your own thread on the subject.

@woodfarmer, you stated that you want a powerful yet lightweight saw. On paper the 500i wins on both accounts:
500i - 6.8hp, 13.7lbs
572xp - 5.8hp, 14.5lbs
If price is a non-issue, go with the 500i based on only the two criteria you've listed so far. What's the next thing on your priority list or thing that you like about your other saws? We can TRY to talk about individual characteristics and get you help in your decision.

Or if you JUST want to know what other peeps will do, not necessarily why, make a poll.
The plan is to sell the 066, 460 and one or 2 of the 2171’s to get a new 70+cc saw as my last new large saw. If I clear out my shop then I might even get both.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just gotta get a little information before I decide if you can be my ass buddy.

Do you drag your teeth?

They don't call me sparky at the cat house for nothin...

You ain't got nothin that could fill the gap in my chops anyway.

Buy me a masterminded 500i and I'll do whatever you want.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You guys wanna see something funny..

We always told this dude I work with that's kinda big in the belly he looked like a gorilla..he never understood why..

IMG_2521.jpg

He loves black girls and malt liquor..that's about all he lives for. And an amazing machine operator..his monday morning stories can't be beat.