Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't see a requirement to comment on the OP question. I pointed out what I liked and didn't like about booth saws. The rest is up to him. People taking things personal is what gets these posts off topic, it's a saw at the end of the day and each has its good and not great points.

My point is pretty simple. You have very little practical experience with either saw......yet here you are offering your opinion of both.

Seems I remember you getting butthurt awhile back and selling every Stihl you had.......yet here you are offering your opinion of a Stihl.

I'm just tired of this crap happening over and over.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Opinion has become fact, nobody respects anyone, no one listens, just react with emotion, tell people off, get told off, call someone out, get called out, the list goes on. We've all been guilty, it just depends if you are self-aware and fix the problem.

Boys they're more important things in life. We all like saws and engines, at least most of us do, that's why we're here. We don't have to be a full time logger to have an idea of what's going on, but at the same time real world experience is in measurable and invaluable. Respect each other as best we can and move forward.

The 572 so far seems like good saw, and I bet the 462 and 500i are too. Time will bring out their weaknesses. I have the most run time on the 572, my opinion is it's over built, a bit too heavy for my taste in a 70cc saw, the oil pump on mine seems a little weak, the filter stays clean forever, but some fine dust does get in. The AT works perfectly so far, even in the heat, wish the 372 had AT and a single piece top, as I still like the feel of that saw better. Yes I'm just a lowly firewood cutter, stopped selling in 2012 so I just heat my home and my brothers, about 20 cord combined a year.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never said I run a saw for a living, I leave that to others, I just pointed out what I like and what I didn't like about each model, that's what the OP seemed to be asking, he can make the choice that best fits him and his wallet.

The 500i and 661 are not the same saw. Your CONSTANT drivel about the filter part number being the same and subsequent supposition that they must behave the same is totally useless and certainly not helpful in this thread. There's my .02.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Seems I remember you getting butthurt awhile back and selling every Stihl you had.......yet here you are offering your opinion of a Stihl.

I have sold a ton of husky saws too, and I gave the 500i a good review, saw is super strong, very light weight, I pointed out what I feel could be better was the price, filter and fuel consumption. Doesn't mean I DNT like the saw, the 572 is heavy for a 70cc saw IMO and feels top heavy to me. I am not sure how that got twisted. I am done responding to this thread, Good luck to the OP, either saw will be a great saw.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a rumor I heard weather it’s true or not but they supposedly didn’t add air injection to the 500 because of the way the handles needed to be and the vibration messed with the injection or something to that effect. But ive been wrong before and will be more times.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Y'all ever wonder just exactly WTF Stihl was thinking when they didn't use some sort of air injection system on the 500i or the 661?

Anybody wanna take a stab at why they didn't?
Maybe the separate carb/intake tank handle housing? The echo 590 has injection on a separate tank handle so it is not impossible to engineer (it has a flexible rubber injection piece).

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the snow and rain air injection sucks as well, had to grab my 7900 before. but I just won't cut in the snow the once a year we get some lol. Maybe air injection doesn't provide enough air for the amount those bigger saws flow as well?

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Could be, never meant it that way honestly. Price not a factor I would still buy the 500i. It's to.light and strong to overlook.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My guess would be that the saw needs all the help it can get to keep the heat down inside.I seem to remember Dan saying that the fugger would get pretty damn toasty.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
heres everyone a funny story about a saw brand i wont run

a guy from on this forum told me his ported 572 didnt impress him any and was thinking about selling it

i asked how many tanks of fuel he had ran through it
and he said was just a few

i told him to run it atleast 10 tanks before deciding to sell it

about a week later he texted me and thanked me for telling him to give it a chance to break in before selling it because it had changed the whole temperment of the saw and he decided to keep it