Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys wanna see something funny..

We always told this dude I work with that's kinda big in the belly he looked like a gorilla..he never understood why..

View attachment 251457

He loves black girls and malt liquor..that's about all he lives for. And an amazing machine operator..his monday morning stories can't be beat.

He's living his best life !!!!

Gotta love that.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He's living his best life !!!!

Gotta love that.

He really is. The Doc could tell him he had 24 hours to live and he'd take off to the beer distributor and snatch a few cocoa puffs.

There's something to be said for having no stress in your life.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The plan is to sell the 066, 460 and one or 2 of the 2171’s to get a new 70+cc saw as my last new large saw. If I clear out my shop then I might even get both.
I've never handled a 572xp, so no help there. My 500 is ported, so I can't comment on a stock unit.
My .02 worth.....I'm always a bit wary of new tech, new car models etc. I usually try to wait til at least second gen before buying something.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Stihl hasn't put fuel injection into any other models besides ms500 and ts500 yet and has stuck with m-tronic.....so far. There haven't been ranpant issues with the 500s that I know of, but it does give me some pause. M-tronic and Autotune have been out for some time now and the bugs are pretty much worked out. Between that, the somewhat soft AV on the 500, the air injection on the 572, the price difference, the fact I can buy OEM parts for the 572 online, get the 572 ported and still come out ahead of the price on the 500........I'd vote for the 572.
Give the 500 design a couple years or three to mature and then look at it again.
Counterpoint to one of the things I stated, there is a robust network of Stihl dealers here on the forum that would likely take care of you on parts if your local saw shop is a bunch of diks.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I don’t cut enough to worry about clogging any saws air filter in a day.
Me either...;)

This air filter master debating is really foolish guys. Anyone bishing about the air filter on any of the modern saws clearly has no experience with the old iron.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me either...;)

This air filter master debating is really foolish guys. Anyone bishing about the air filter on any of the modern saws clearly has no experience with the old iron.

I recently ran my 661 for two weekends back to back. Cut a lot of wood those two weekends too.

I forgot all about how horrible the air filter system is on it....never cleaned it at all.

Should I consider a full rebuild?

I'm sure it's ruined.