572 updates

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it came in orange it wouldn't come with a mortgage either...
Last time I farmed with a JD was when I was a kid in the 1960s early 70's. Good memories with those big old gas D twins and R diesel. Long before Deere owned the software to keep them running.
But I do wish I had my hearing back though.:D

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the best ever John Deere D video on YouTube.
A Kansas farm girl shows how it's done. She's actually a retired commercial airline pilot.
About as strong as I was when I was a kid when hand starting that 500 c.i. twin cylinder.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 545 a long time ago that was a total POS couldn’t stand the thing. Was about to chuck it over the hill. I then got a 2253 which was the same saw pretty much a few years after and it was a pretty reliable saw. I figure for every 10 saws made 1 will be a turd, 8 about average and 1 run better than the rest. Lol

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I figure for every 10 saws made 1 will be a turd, 8 about average and 1 run better than the rest. Lol

I agree with that actually...had one 576 that was a toilet and one that was utterly outstanding. It could rock a 32 all day and was a pleasure to use. Same with 660 stihls...had a couple that were mean, but most of them sucked. Stihl helped husky sell alot of 395s with that saw lol

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK settle down guys, let's not go down the Husky vs Stihl road here and spoil the party. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and everyone should run what they like. If Stihl guys want to dump on the new 572 or vice versa just take it all with a grain of salt and don't let it bother you. Lotta good people here and I'm not going to trash any friendships arguing about saw brands. Ain't worth it. True, I'm short tempered at times and will get defensive if someone gets out of hand. But let's not go off the rails here and start slinging darts at each other.

Like I and several others have posted. Stihl guys will buy the Stihl and Husky guys will buy the Husky. Let them do all the arguing.

These saws continue to fly out the door; anybody want to come over and help put them together? Getting tired of that. (not really)

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK guys. Nuff of beating on Stihls. If they are turds then send them all to me. I'll take care of them nicely! 461s ain't turds!
This is a Hooskie thread. Back to the Hooskie talk.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK settle down guys, let's not go down the Husky vs Stihl road here and spoil the party. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and everyone should run what they like. If Stihl guys want to dump on the new 572 or vice versa just take it all with a grain of salt and don't let it bother you. Lotta good people here and I'm not going to trash any friendships arguing about saw brands. Ain't worth it. True, I'm short tempered at times and will get defensive if someone gets out of hand. But let's not go off the rails here and start slinging darts at each other.

Like I and several others have posted. Stihl guys will buy the Stihl and Husky guys will buy the Husky. Let them do all the arguing.

These saws continue to fly out the door; anybody want to come over and help put them together? Getting tired of that. (not really)

I'm just here to pick on the brand loyal purists.

:D