394 or 395 which do you prefer?

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It takes a very long time for even the low top filter to even get a little dirt on it. The air injection works way better on the 394 than others, the 346 doesn't work nearly as well.
That's my observation too. If anything ever gets on the filter it's a big long huge chip. I always wondered if the filter stayed cleaner on the 394/5 because I only use big bars and never run even the slightest bit dull chain. On a smaller bar 16-20 you can finish a cut or 2 with a dull chain. I simply won't with a 36 or 42 inch bar? Thoughts?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've given many a beat down to 660's with a 20" on my 395 and noticed no difference in the filter.

I know loggers that only clean there filters once a month,they really are that good.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
plugs crack the porcelain up inside the plug and will short out there when hot. The spark is enough to keep the saw running but not enough to restart. Once it cools down the crack tightens up and it starts fine.

I'm eating crow this morning. Not really sure how but my saw had a champion plug in it. I was milling some ash yesterday and decided to shut it off for an adjustment to the mill after the first cut, which wasn't much of a cut at all. Pulled & pulled, nothing. So I decided to put a fresh plug in after remembering the above post. Saw lit off and away I went.

My 395 only likes champion plugs. I know there frowned apon.
So I will not be using another champ any time soon. I always preferred NGK so I guess this experience may seal the deal. Just wanted to share my experience here.

put it on start hit the decomp. and gave it a pull nothing, second pull it popped, third it fired and ran fine. Long may it last.
Still going to idle it to get excess heat out between cuts and before shutting it down.

Agree, and I do the same. I shut mine down for a couple more times during the day, for refuel and mill adjustments. It fired back up each time.

Interesting to see if that helps.
a2h9xm.jpg

Should be able to see some results on this job.
DSC01214.JPG