Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
10:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve thought about a Fummins before. Hard not to when you can gain the reliability and ease of maintenance with the Cummins engine paired with a newer, more luxurious interior, and keep the straight axle setup while gaining the lockable front hubs..

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for (not sorry) derailing your 2nd gen club house thread, with other nonsense gens of mine.
i’m not worried about it - I personally enjoy other generations of Dodge trucks as well.

Reactions: Lnk

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
8:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I enjoyed the power-wagon de-rail.

@ryan a, if you want to show off your devil truck only the puritans will object. I kinda always wanted a Fummins.
I'm thinking about putting ~15-75% of a 2nd gen Ram into/under my Highboy. Black Betty burned it's last bridge with me so either I put it's motor and maybe chassis under my 71, or I sell her and find a donor truck and stuff that motor in the 71. I kinda don't want to do it, but the 360FE needs a complete overhaul, the tranny could use the same, the radiator leaks, exhaust is fubared, it needs a new front driveshaft built, etc. Plus, It would gain towing ability, and the sound...... :babeando:

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why the frame swap? I didn’t think the ford frame got significantly better until the body style change to super duty
Heavy diffs and 4 wheel disc breaks. Was originally going to adapt the diffs the the gm frame. But decided to go with the frame. The pinion on the gm front axle was on the wrong side for the transfer case plus the ford sits higher.
Decided to used the ford rad as it was narrower than the gm making the addition of an intercooler a bit easyer
Plus nobody told me not to. It’s been interesting so far. Sometimes wonder why I bother. But things are slowly falling into place.
It is a Supper Duty frame

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many rigs does it take to jump start a completely dead 2nd gen? One?

IMG_6540.jpeg

Hmmm, nope. Two?

IMG_6544.jpeg

Yep! It took a few minutes of waiting, but between the two got the Damn Ram started and now I leave the battery cables disconnected. Fugh that truck, between the brake chit and now this mysterious electrical drain I'm done working on it.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How many rigs does it take to jump start a completely dead 2nd gen? One?

View attachment 411561

Hmmm, nope. Two?

View attachment 411562

Yep! It took a few minutes of waiting, but between the two got the Damn Ram started and now I leave the battery cables disconnected. Fugh that truck, between the brake chit and now this mysterious electrical drain I'm done working on it.
PCM shorted?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
PCM shorted?
Dunno, don't care. All grounds have been cleaned, all computer connectors have been coated in dielectric grease, I'm done. As soon as I get around to it the truck's getting sold and I'm not working on it unless I absolutely have to. I've put $12k+ into fixing it and the fawking thing has done nothing but fight me at every turn so I'm selling it and cutting my losses.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been down the same road with my 95, pulling loom apart chasing wires, checking to ground, sensors etc etc, found a smoked capacitor on the pcm and that was reason enough to throw in the towel and just fix it non oem, external voltage reg, sky drive for the speedo and roll on

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
RIP to Black Betty, soon she'll be squatted & cruising down the i5 on 30's...

We will remember you thou....

Maybe that'll be it's fate. I love how it looked and I enjoyed driving it, but I put $15k and over a year of working on it only to have a truck I drove for 5 months while fixing it nightly and now it now won't start or stop. I'll lose 7k or so selling it, but it won't cost me any more time or money.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would be nice if there way a way to give it a brain amputation. 47RH trans or NV4500. 12v donor...

Your truck might be worth more as parts. Before you pull any triggers let me ask me two cummins guru buddies. Maybe shoot me a call or text and a rundown of the issues.

Hoser

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got my one ton out of hibernation and to my surprise everything worked, tach, Speedo even a CEL from Disconnecting the pcm voltage reg, never seen that before in the 3 years I’ve owned it.
8 hand thrown cords later and 4 key cycles I sparked it up and back to normal, everything’s dead. What a dirty tease

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe that'll be it's fate. I love how it looked and I enjoyed driving it, but I put $15k and over a year of working on it only to have a truck I drove for 5 months while fixing it nightly and now it now won't start or stop. I'll lose 7k or so selling it, but it won't cost me any more time or money.
Update on this truck: did you sell it?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll prolly never get my 95 back and I need to quit beating on my 11…