2nd Gen Ram Pickups

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Close, 'The prefix kilo is derived from the Greek word χίλιοι (chilioi), meaning "thousand".'

Because there are ten letters before K, it has nothing to do with commie metric stuffs.

Without any other research or info back it up, I would think Daniels explanation, is more buy able then Larry's.

I mean Larry was only allowed to play with black boxes....

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Realized over the weekend that it would make a good service truck so added it to the fleet. Let the fixing begin. Hopefully the Fords don’t pick on her too much. 😆 I bet @dall and @Czed will be jealous.

Old faithful 7.3 in the back there.

IMG_5530.jpeg

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably should've kept this one for a while. Sold it before they became all cool & culty.

It was in the "as is line" at a local Dodge dealer in Glenwood, they were fixing to ship it, to the Denver auto auction, the injection pump had a slow leak and they weren't going to fix it. I offered them $2,000 for it. Used car manager jumped on my offer so fast, I'd wished I offered them less.

I had a reman injection pump put on it, for right around $600. I drove it for about a year, then flipped it on eBay. Winning bidder was in St Maries ID, he was having a hard time finding a hauler to get it shipped up there. He called me to see, if I would be interested in driving it up there to him, he offered me $1,000 plus fuel, and a return plane ticket home, I never say NO, to a road trip, I blew off work, and left the next day for Idaho.

New owner was a local logger up there, he was a super nice guy, got me a place to stay the night in St Maries, he told me to go to the local steak house / tavern for dinner, they would be expecting me, and my dinner was on him.

It was a fun trip.

DSCN9689.JPG
DSCN9606.JPGDSCN9617.JPG

Last edited:

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably should've kept this one for a while. Sold it before they became all cool & culty.

It was in the "as is line" at a local Dodge dealer in Glenwood, they were fixing to ship it, to the Denver auto auction, the injection pump had a slow leak and they weren't going to fix it. I offered them $2,000 for it. Used car manager jumped on my offer so fast, I'd wished I offered them less.

I had a reman injection pump put on it, for right around $600. I drove it for about a year, then flipped it on eBay. Winning bidder was in St Maries ID, he was having a hard time finding a hauler to get it shipped up there. He called me to see, if I would be interested in driving it up there to him, he offered me $1,000 plus fuel, and a return plane ticket home, I never say NO, to a road trip, I blew off work, and left the next day for Idaho.

New owner was a local logger up there, he was a super nice guy, got me a place to stay the night in St Maries, he told me to go to the local steak house / tavern for dinner, they would be expecting me, and my dinner was on him.

It was a fun trip.

View attachment 410256
View attachment 410260View attachment 410261
That’s awesome. Great story.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would never own a truck like the one I pictured above, heck I wouldn't even drive it home.

I bought a 1991 W250 off a kid in the city, it had a set of chrome 22" on it, I brought a set of stock steelies along, and left the 22's in his driveway.

I can only imagine what the cowhands over there, would of done to me, if I rolled into town in a truck like that. They probably would of tarred & feathered me, and lit my truck on fire.

I even used the special font so you'd all know I was just being sarcastic an messing around.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would never own a truck like the one I pictured above, heck I wouldn't even drive it home.

I bought a 1991 W250 off a kid in the city, it had a set of chrome 22" on it, I brought a set of stock steelies along, and left the 22's in his driveway.

I can only imagine what the cowhands over there, would of done to me, if I rolled into town in a truck like that. They probably would of tarred & feathered me, and lit my truck on fire.

I even used the special font so you'd all know I was just being sarcastic an messing around.
I know but I wasn’t gonna let it slide 😆

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any Cummins swapped squarebodys or is that devil talk in this thread?

From what I see, a good amount of the dodges up in the northeast have rust issues……
Great question. There is a specific square body thread on the forum. Might be a better fit. This one is for the 2nd Gen Rams, diesel or gas.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great question. There is a specific square body thread on the forum. Might be a better fit. This one is for the 2nd Gen Rams, diesel or gas.

Sorry for (not sorry) derailing your 2nd gen club house thread, with other nonsense gens of mine.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theoretically you could put a powerstroke into a Dodge and post photos here… @davidwyby might kick you in the junk though.

You would probably kick yourself as well.
Then you’d have an inferior engine and an inferior truck 😆

Dodges look good and the Cummins is great….solid axles are superior. A Fummins would be the best.

davidwyby

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, the seven tree is my second favorite diesel engine…or second most reliable? I like how the 6.0 and it’s auto run, but the 6.0 is a gamble. Not in the same class of basic reliability and serviceability as the Cummins, at least the old 5.9.

I have a nice super duty with a poofed 6.0 in my yard, maybe it will Fummins and replace my ‘11.