Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
even after I replaced the bearings and seals there still was some play side to side... the bearings are open, so its something else....case internal dimension? that keeps the crank from moving side to side

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
even after I replaced the bearings and seals there still was some play side to side... the bearings are open, so its something else....case internal dimension? that keeps the crank from moving side to side
Hey this one that I have torn down has side play also. I'll check some others and see if they do.
23a2a1d4ad3535052bf1259203272ecf.jpg

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just let me know when it's going to show up Matt. I'll make sure I'm there to receive it for you! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pressure and vacd good. Has side to side by same as a 201 on my bench. Hope it good to go

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
from what i have seen they have a roller bearing like in a rearend of a rear wheel drive car or truck right ? if so there is no way to hold it in one position so the piston in cylinder is what holds it in place may be some side to side play but shouldnt be much unless there is play between piston and small end of the crank has wore

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
after seeing how it all goes together I'm not worried about the play side to side. i'll bet the internals of the crank hold it more or less on center, and then there is probably even more side to side play in the con rod bearing anyway. RUN IT :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just get it pressure tested and you are good!

see my pressure test vid on my youtube page if you want tips on how to pressure test the 200t

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's my attempt at cleaning my 200t oem jug. I don't think it turned out too bad. Above the exhaust I can't feel any thing. View attachment 11475
Nice work man ,what did you use emory and a drill or air grinder what finish grade paper did you use? Now what are you going to do with the cylinder and saw? you know pistons are cheap for this saw now even OEM around 26- 30 bucks. Im just hoping I dont see plating missing by that port do I? You cant lean on that port hard.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I used 320 Emory and my fingers to finish it. But I used 120 and a dremel to get the majority of it off. I'm either going to double and triple check it to make sure it's usable and put it on the saw and sell it, or sell it as a package deal to someone who wants to do it their self. One way or another it's gone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man, a guy goes out to baseball practice with his kid and the jackals have stolen my wildebeest....

I hate you all....

Glad you got it Ben...in a few weeks when the tree services are all running full time, an ad in CL will have that sold fast.
I told him to sell it to you in a PM ask him.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used 320 Emory and my fingers to finish it. But I used 120 and a dremel to get the majority of it off. I'm either going to double and triple check it to make sure it's usable and put it on the saw and sell it, or sell it as a package deal to someone who wants to do it their self. One way or another it's gone.

your not supposed to get too close to the wall use a 1/4 steel rod cut a seem with a hacksaw put in a drill and use lots of paper . Randy has a video on this site.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah I've learned to stay away from the port edges. Especially in an open transfer cylinder. I keep it on a low rpm and watch very closely to what the wheel is doing. And I go back with the Emory when I'm in doubt.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I've learned to stay away from the port edges. Especially in an open transfer cylinder. I keep it on a low rpm and watch very closely to what the wheel is doing. And I go back with the Emory when I'm in doubt.

Finish with scotchbrite.