Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Steve RTV!!?? But but but but you're just a lifetime mechanic, don't you know too much can squelch out and jam up the everything and ruin the whole thing! It's true ya know, ask any internet spanner spinner...

Nice work bro.

It's ok Adam, I'm a professional!! :D

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like this thread. Even if it is a ford. Makes me wish I woild have taken more pictures of some of my past and current builds.

You ever tip the engine stand back and drop the cam in from above? I learned that trick a long time ago when I rebuilt a 4.0 inline jeep motor. Makes it a super slick and smooth drop in. :afro:

Cam gear on yours might have been a hang up but looks like you've been inside a few
:beer-toast1:

Steven

I thought about it but this engine is heavy! Weighs more than a 5.0 in long block form. Would have been more trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whats the bent looking thing by the Mobil Delvac oil pail?

Connecting rod that was shot out of a EMD 2-stroke locomotive engine. My bil does hazmat clean up and while he was on that spill of 300 gallons of engine oil he found it in the weeds by the tracks and thought I would appreciate it. I keep it around for fun conversation starters!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just think I was 2 years old.
Holy Sheets, that was 87. LOL!!
Yinz guys don't mind if I move down here to the front to where I can see and hear better. I'm the old guy on this thread.
Progress looking GOOD Steve a Renoooo.