Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the plus side the cabs on both trucks are just sitting there ready to be lifted off. Also the temp is almost 50 so i can have the doors open i the shop.

20190201_120232.jpg

Tbrown

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just alittle surface rust! Thats it! I will have to cut out some of the firewall and replace it with my firewall as they are different.
What parts of your grandpa's truck will you be using? The four wheel drive parts, and anything else?

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Granted you might as well make the whole thing an 8 lug anyway since you'd have to ditch the coils and coil buckets for springs, shackles and hangers.

And I don't know what you're rules are there but here you only need 2 vin tags. You could fudge it if you remove the tags and keep them looking original.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anybody tell me how to split spot welded body seams? I have to swap the firewall in the cabs because it is different. I just cant let this solid cab go.
They have spot weld cutters. It's more or less a fancy drill bit, and drill each one out. After that some gentle persuasion with a air hammer, and your good to go.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The hole for the steering column, holes for the wiring harness, parking brake mountings. Quite a few things more than i would have thought. Ill get some pictures here in a minute or two.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They have spot weld cutters. It's more or less a fancy drill bit, and drill each one out. After that some gentle persuasion with a air hammer, and your good to go.

Thats alot of spot welds to cut! Cheaper than repairing my original cab though. I think matco had a nice spot weld cutter on sale with about 3 extra cutters. Ill check that out this Thursday.