Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So on this 300,six think you should get radical with it.

300s take alot of work to get crazy with them. They dont breathe very well. Very small intake ports, very small intake runners. 1 and 6 run lean on carbed intakes. Just going to do alittle more static compression and run a small cam. Shooting for 200hp.

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
10:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can you imagine driving it home and some idiot totals it. Insurance gives you $2200 for it! Hell, when im all done with this one its still worthless as far as insurance dollar value.
I think you might be surprised. The value of these older trucks just keeps going up. I know your not doing it for those reasons anyways though.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
300s take alot of work to get crazy with them. They dont breathe very well. Very small intake ports, very small intake runners. 1 and 6 run lean on carbed intakes. Just going to do alittle more static compression and run a small cam. Shooting for 200hp.

That's why you need some forced induction

Did you fund a guy to blast the frame yet?

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Personally I would not let them paint it I would bring it back home get a cheap HF gravety gun and I mean Cheap. Buy a couple quarts of POR 15 and spray the frame your self and get some, as much as you can inside the frame.
Far better stuff than paint even rustoleium.

Insurance if your not going to drive it for a every day grocery truck go with American Collectable insurance.

We pay 280.00 per year on our Buick with the same full coverage and libilty insurance as on our daily drivers. Any spare parts are insured to 500.00 also. Limited to 7000 miles a year. Works well here in Michigan as we only show from end of April to the end of Oct.

this is our Buick. 1985 LeSabre collectors edition. Belonged to my mother in law. A Michigan car bought and driven.

Back to the Bricks 2018 in front of GM factory #1.

:D Al

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personally I would not let them paint it I would bring it back home get a cheap HF gravety gun and I mean Cheap. Buy a couple quarts of POR 15 and spray the frame your self and get some, as much as you can inside the frame.

That would be much better i agree but i have no where to do it and i cant wait till summer to get this back on the road. The original frame was not painted at all and lasted 31 years. I wont have the truck subjected to the same elements as it was in Ohio. Paint will probably be just fine for the next 31.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be much better i agree but i have no where to do it and i cant wait till summer to get this back on the road. The original frame was not painted at all and lasted 31 years. I wont have the truck subjected to the same elements as it was in Ohio. Paint will probably be just fine for the next 31.

Why not see if you can get it sprayed with the bedliner material.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since you got it stripped down is there any reinforcing that can be done?

Not needed. This is a later model frame 92-96. All that has been done. Also this frame is solid!

I spoke with a different blaster today. They are 100 bucks cheaper and have a better paint. Its an epoxy catalyst polyurethane. If i can get the parts ready by next Friday its on!

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If you can't spray POR 15 then just buy a blue tarp or a couple run the frame up on it and brush the POR 15 on it. I did the whole under sides of our Buick with foam brushs I got dirt cheap from HF. from about 3/4 inch wide to 4 inches wide.

Yes the frames are painted from the Factory, it was/is so pretty good stuff too.
That looks like a pretty big shop in the pictures but even then a tempory spray hut can be made out side where you spray and not worry about over spray in a shop.

:D Al