High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

17 tanks on 661 max flow so far! update: 25 tanks!!!

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
1:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wear some gloves when oiling the filter. When done, throw them away. No oily hands. Lol
hate wearing gloves too :p unlike all the factory workers here these days. precious guys cant get their hands dirty.
i only use gloves for sawing and mauling and loading the trailer.
i have those disposable gloves. got them mainly with working on the diesel truck, oil changes and the like. that stuff stains bad.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
hate wearing gloves too [emoji14] unlike all the factory workers here these days. precious guys cant get their hands dirty.
i only use gloves for sawing and mauling and loading the trailer.
i have those disposable gloves. got them mainly with working on the diesel truck, oil changes and the like. that stuff stains bad.
I bought some gloves, I'd use them but my hands keep growing back :)

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
3:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i hate dealing with sticking oily *s-wordty filters.. i'll stick with HD2 thanks.
I hate cleaning the HD2 filters constantly. they work good till they get a bit of dust in them then they may as well be made of glass.
I hate sticky oiled foam filters too but found an almost no mess way.
Put foam filter in plastic bag
Pour in filter oil
Massage it in.
Take out of bag and let it dry
Fit filter to saw and wash hands.

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
12:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seriously?!?!

first, buy an extra cage. once that shows up. pull yer skirts up. put on some rubber gloves. get two filters. squirt or spray some oil into the inside of each. work it into the filter. squeeze your fist. little oil comes out between fingers you got enough. pull filters over cages. put one on the saw. put one in a plastic zip lock bag.

That whole process should take you less than 5min. and now your good for 30-40 tanks.

OR

you can knock the hd2 out after every tank and complain about the fines getting through.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Seriously?!?!

first, buy an extra cage. once that shows up. pull yer skirts up. put on some rubber gloves. get two filters. squirt or spray some oil into the inside of each. work it into the filter. squeeze your fist. little oil comes out between fingers you got enough. pull filters over cages. put one on the saw. put one in a plastic zip lock bag.

That whole process should take you less than 5min. and now your good for 30-40 tanks.

OR

you can knock the hd2 out after every tank and complain about the fines getting through.
That's how I see it hopefully no fines .I know there won't be just saying

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That oil is some sticky stuff!!!

Maybe that is why dust , "sticks" to it , instead of going in saw.

It is hard to wash off, I use latex gloves when fooling with it.

Much cheaper too

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seriously?!?!

OR

Best answer

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seriously?!?!

OR

That's how we did it when mx racing.

1. Clean em in kerosene.
2. Washem with dish soap.
3. Air dry.
4. Oil em

We'd do about 8-10 filters at a time

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am a little more liberal with oil lol I just use gloves put a few dabs on the outside and inside and work it through.

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To oil em, we'd take a 2.5gal bucket and dump 2 qts of BelRay in it.
Dunk the filters and choke the oil out, making sure to to saturate the entire filter.
When installing them, we'd put a healthy rim of grease around the filter flange.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seriously?!?!

OR

Or you could just quit being a sissy. It's a chainsaw not a beard trimmer. Nothing wrong with an HD2. I've probably put as much fuel through a 661 as anyone on here and the HD2 has never hindered it.