Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E.E.llc

Hello myself, its me again
Local time
8:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I cant say for sure one way or the other but when something goes wrong like a snagged ring usually a piston wont come completely apart but having it lightened cant help IMO. They may be fine but in my mind I dont trust them and for my own peace of mind I took mine out

Another good point. I wouldn't trust them in my saws either. Definitely not in someone else's. Chasing a stop watch can be costly. Especially in a work saw.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did Brad determine what was the cause of this catastrophe?
95% Piss revving made that saw come apart.
Tuned to 15k-ish......that ain't a work saw....sorry.
Not when you're talking 90+cc.

Only a fool would a tune a saw with that kinda displacement to run that that lean and expect it to last.

laslabjohn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
95% Piss revving made that saw come apart.
Tuned to 15k-ish......that ain't a work saw....sorry.
Not when you're talking 90+cc.

Only a fool would a tune a saw with that kinda displacement to run that that lean and expect it to last.
You seem to know somthing about this saw.

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look guys, I ain't here to argue with anyone.
I don't think I've made a good a name for myself by doing that sorta shat.
I'm being approached by both sides here and I don't like it.

If I'm not mistaken, the builder has contacted one of the saw owners in an attempt to make things right? No?

The builder can't rectify the situation if the saw owner refuses to send the saw? Correct?

Saw owner #2 sends the saw the Brad cause it ain't running to standards? Correct?

Brad I assume knew there was an issue with the saw otherwise why would it have been sent to him? No?

In typical Brad fashion, he piss revs the saw at whatever RPM and it pukes.

So.......???

I'm done here. Don't bother me.
Sorry I found the video entertaining to begin with, and I'm sorry I shared it.
I guess I'll have to filter what I share here from now on.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure no one wants my opinion, but I'll offer it anyway.

We are pushing the envelope with saw outputs. They're making more power than they were designed to handle.

Stuff is gonna happen. It's inevitable. It's how we deal with it that is the Right vs. Wrong in this equation.

When you buy a ported saw (and I believe this saw was referenced as being ported) you take a risk. You should be willing to trade the rock solid reliability of the OEM quality you pay for enhanced performance. There is gonna be a huge grey area in how long a saw will/should last and there will always be arguments about it.

I'm waiting for one of mine to explode. I fully know I'll be paying out in labor or cash when I happens. It's just the insurance policy you have to be willing to accept once you cross the line of selling to others.

A bad build doesn't make a guy a bad builder. Shiz is gonna happen. How its handled is whats gonna leave the longest sting.

Rant over.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look guys, I ain't here to argue with anyone.
I don't think I've made a good a name for myself by doing that sorta shat.
I'm being approached by both sides here and I don't like it.

If I'm not mistaken, the builder has contacted one of the saw owners in an attempt to make things right? No?

The builder can't rectify the situation if the saw owner refuses to send the saw? Correct?

Saw owner #2 sends the saw the Brad cause it ain't running to standards? Correct?

Brad I assume knew there was an issue with the saw otherwise why would it have been sent to him? No?

In typical Brad fashion, he piss revs the saw at whatever RPM and it pukes.

So.......???

I'm done here. Don't bother me.
Sorry I found the video entertaining to begin with, and I'm sorry I shared it.
I guess I'll have to filter what I share here from now on.

Well said Jeremy.
Of course everyone is curious, that's human nature. But if either the owner or the builder wants to air this publicly, it's their call. Even if one of thinks we know what happened, it's only hearsay.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We are pushing the envelope with saw outputs. They're making more power than they were designed to handle.

Stuff is gonna happen. It's inevitable. It's how we deal with it that is the Right vs. Wrong in this equation.

When you buy a ported saw (and I believe this saw was referenced as being ported) you take a risk. You should be willing to trade the rock solid reliability of the OEM quality you pay for enhanced performance. There is gonna be a huge grey area in how long a saw will/should last and there will always be arguments about it.

I'm waiting for one of mine to explode. I fully know I'll be paying out in labor or cash when I happens. It's just the insurance policy you have to be willing to accept once you cross the line of selling to others.

A bad build doesn't make a guy a bad builder. Shiz is gonna happen. How its handled is whats gonna leave the longest sting.

Rant over.

Perfectly said Doc!

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
7:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Rant over.
I agree 100%

A.E.E.llc

Hello myself, its me again
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Rant over.

I agree also.:)

I'll add my opinion. Modding a saw for more performance is one thing. Achieving gains by using and doing it with methods that can cause failures makes the hair on my neck stand up.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.