High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What should be the next AM kit saw?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not saws OR history, just "saw history". :)

Back on topic: gave this some more thought and of all the 200 series saws, the 2 chassis that I still see the most of are the 288's and 272's.. The 272 chassis would have a big lead if you included all of the oher models on that chassis starting with the 61's. And they should be included from a parts supply perspective. 254/257/262 is a ways back, with the rarer 242's bringing up the rear.
There ya go again with your Big Ass saws !!
We like the small ones over here as well :D

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think maybe Bob and Walt ought to have their own build off, seeing as there is only one Husqvarna in the line up Bob could do the 372. The only competing saw in Walt's newly found Stihl's would be a MS 440. Can use only three OEM parts each, all the AM parts you want. No big bores allowed. Come up with your own competition that you're both agreeable to. What do you say guys?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think maybe Bob and Walt ought to have their own build off, seeing as there is only one Husqvarna in the line up Bob could do the 372. The only competing saw in Walt's newly found Stihl's would be a MS 440. Can use only three OEM parts each, all the AM parts you want. No big bores allowed. Come up with your own competition that you're both agreeable to. What do you say guys?

Trouble maker

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
242 is one. Never been effectively replaced in the Husky line, an no the 543 doesn't hit the target. 242 was so good for bucket work that Husky didn't even need a top handle saw in the lineup. Pro guys loved them and I have a couple customers that want me to make them last as long as possible. But the 242 falls short in the "how many are left" category. So the field population for parts sales is pretty week for the farmer-tec people make an investment there.
its difficult to find a runner in Norway, very rare to see them for sale, even project saws are difficult to find nowadays.

I would like to see at least one company do small batch runs of NLA parts (262 cranks, 242 PTO bearings, etc...) It would be nice to at least have the option to not junk an old saw, but again it does not make sense from a volume standpoint.
there is a slacker dealer in Germany who has the famous 242 PtO bearing, premium price ;)
Im not even sure if they make PTO seals anymore...

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the point of the bearing without the seal?
if your thinking about the 242 PTO bearing they come with seal installed, same style bearing as you find on 346 etc.
I dont worry about the seals, I always buy 3-4 each time I order anything from Husky :D

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
its difficult to find a runner in Norway, very rare to see them for sale, even project saws are difficult to find nowadays.

there is a slacker dealer in Germany who has the famous 242 PtO bearing, premium price ;)
Im not even sure if they make PTO seals anymore...

I believe the seal is still available Tor, but it has probably been over a year since I ordered any.