What oil is best? and what ratio?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has anyone tested the cleaning ability of carbon removing oils? I wonder what the cleanest burning is.

BlacknTan

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's Husky XP+ or it's nuthin at all dot dot dot

You will be fine. It smoked some common bike oils in my lean testing and wasn't overly dirty under that heat and stress.

I'm happy to read both these messages.

I looked into Saber. $9 to ship $12 worth of product. Local dealers are guys working out of their homes.. I guess just so they can get a deal on their own oil needs. Kind of a pain in the butt to obtain.

I'll stand pat with XP+ for the time being...

Now, where's a bar oil thread? ;)

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm happy to read both these messages.

I looked into Saber. $9 to ship $12 worth of product. Local dealers are guys working out of their homes.. I guess just so they can get a deal on their own oil needs. Kind of a pain in the butt to obtain.

I'll stand pat with XP+ for the time being...

Now, where's a bar oil thread? ;)
I've had zero issues running XP+ for a long time now...run it in everything two-stroke I have and never had a single carb problem or p/c failure. Ran Husky XP for years prior to the XP+ and never an issue with it. Now I ain't running ope balls to the wall everyday for a living either, but for my needs, it's kinda the ol' 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it ' theory to me.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fact of the matter is really the 200-300:1 tests are only for entertainment. Any modern fd rated oil will keep a saw or trimmer alive at 32-50:1. The oil o personally run only made 19 min at 200:1 but I’ve been using it for 20 years no issues including milling with my saws. Still will continue to use my 21-23$ a gallon no smoke two stroke.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is really the 200-300:1 tests are only for entertainment. Any modern fd rated oil will keep a saw or trimmer alive at 32-50:1. The oil o personally run only made 19 min at 200:1 but I’ve been using it for 20 years no issues including milling with my saws. Still will continue to use my 21-23$ a gallon no smoke two stroke.
Some guys are genuinely interested in what oils have that extra protection even if its far and above whats needed. I was one or I wouldn't have done it. It's obvious, based on how many fellers changed oils after the tests, that theres more to it than entertainment value to them. It is entertaining no doubt but its still revealing.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've had zero issues running XP+ for a long time now...run it in everything two-stroke I have and never had a single carb problem or p/c failure. Ran Husky XP for years prior to the XP+ and never an issue with it. Now I ain't running ope balls to the wall everyday for a living either, but for my needs, it's kinda the ol' 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it ' theory to me.
My cousin had a tree service and heats with wood. He ran XP then xp+ many years at 32:1. No issues. He did switch after seeing my test engines in person but he didn't need to.

Xp+ beat out yamalube, two different synthetic castrol bike oils and motul 800 plus many other ope oils, Saber being one.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some guys are genuinely interested in what oils have that extra protection even if its far and above whats needed. I was one or I wouldn't have done it. It's obvious, based on how many fellers changed oils after the tests, that theres more to it than entertainment value to them. It is entertaining no doubt but its still revealing.
That came out different than intended, its very informational just saying not throwing my old oil out. It’s entertaining in the fact of seeing blown engines and if they will restart after cooling off.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That came out different than intended, its very informational just saying not throwing my old oil out. It’s entertaining in the fact of seeing blown engines and if they will restart after cooling off. Wasn’t trying to make it sound like anything done in the lean test isn’t important

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That came out different than intended, its very informational just saying not throwing my old oil out. It’s entertaining in the fact of seeing blown engines and if they will restart after cooling off. Wasn’t trying to make it sound like anything done in the lean test isn’t important
I heard you the first time lol. We all say things that sound different in our heads vs written.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes and any other that advertises that it cleans.

I have a feeling air filters letting fines through could be a big source of carbon buildup regardless of the kind of oil.
Red armor was lean tested. It started cleaning up its own mess when put back on 40:1. Dominator did the same thing, it just had much less of it's own mess to clean up. In the 50:1 testing I did, in the pm, Dominator and Red Armor were pretty much dead even in the cleanliness department in two different but identical trimmers that I cleaned up inside to shiney new condition.