Country flag

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I get my 462 Arctic in February it's coming with this filter. No more pleats.
Hopefully I can find a nylon one for my 261 also.
View attachment 153305

This one should be my picture of my filter

If you cannot find for your 261 i can send you one. It’s easy to order though

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spoke to a friend who is a Stihl dealer today and knows saws and modified saws. He builds them.
I asked about the added functionality of the computer tuning and he said its no different to doing it on the saw.

You make a mod then re-calibrate, and the saw sets its fuel curves to match the new airflow characteristics of the mods.
He said he has just redone his Gold certification for the 3rd time and they made no mention of separate adjustable limits when using the software.

I call bogus

Iceboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spoke to a friend who is a Stihl dealer today and knows saws and modified saws. He builds them.
I asked about the added functionality of the computer tuning and he said its no different to doing it on the saw.

You make a mod then re-calibrate, and the saw sets its fuel curves to match the new airflow characteristics of the mods.
He said he has just redone his Gold certification for the 3rd time and they made no mention of separate adjustable limits when using the software.

I call bogus
That sounds good. So we keep modifying saws and the chip does it's thing, recalibrating the saw! NICE!!!

Στάλθηκε από το LG-H818 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
10:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kinda makes sense. If it didn’t recalibrate to optimize after a mod then we wouldn’t see any gains. Would be like not retuning a carb after modding.

I think the bigger question is: what are it’s limits?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that's kinda the idea behind MT/AT systems. They have a lot of flexibility within their parameters to adjust for environmental conditions, fuel, air flow, density etc. Mods don't bother it in the slightest, it actually deals with changes better than we can. And I am the one who buys standard carb models when possible.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well that's kinda the idea behind MT/AT systems. They have a lot of flexibility within their parameters to adjust for environmental conditions, fuel, air flow, density etc. Mods don't bother it in the slightest, it actually deals with changes better than we can. And I am the one who buys standard carb models when possible.
I hear you on that, I haven’t taken the AT/M-tron plunge yet either. I imagine this is what car guys felt like when EFI started to out perform their carbed engines. Eventually, we’ll all cross over and wonder why we waited so long.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only have 2 M Tron saws, and some of the reg carb ones are more finicky than others, but when I go from my house (500') to my cabin (2,200') I like to take the M Tron saws and not worry about tuning them before I use them.

Often they will just ride on the ATV to clear blow downs from the logging road. You just want to start it and use it, no fuss.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was watching a video documentary involving one of the member of pink floyd’s vintage Ferrari with a v12. Talk about hard to dial in. I think it was 12 individual carbs or 6 2 barrel carbs they were dialing in! Pretty neat.

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was watching a video documentary involving one of the member of pink floyd’s vintage Ferrari with a v12. Talk about hard to dial in. I think it was 12 individual carbs or 6 2 barrel carbs they were dialing in! Pretty neat.

Back in the late '70s, a client of my father's had one of those Jag V-12s. Thing was constantly in the shop (did it REALLY need 48 carburetors???) and still ran like *s-word.

And forget starting it up when it was cold. If I recall right, either it wouldn't start because it wasn't choked enough, but as soon as you choked it "enough," it was flooded.

Then it caught on fire. Best thing he could have done was to hose it down with gasoline.