High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Tree Monkey MS462 - PART 2

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I spoke to a friend who is a Stihl dealer today and knows saws and modified saws. He builds them.
I asked about the added functionality of the computer tuning and he said its no different to doing it on the saw.

You make a mod then re-calibrate, and the saw sets its fuel curves to match the new airflow characteristics of the mods.
He said he has just redone his Gold certification for the 3rd time and they made no mention of separate adjustable limits when using the software.

I call bogus

Thats on Mtronic Saws till Version 2.0, these saws do only a factory reset with the 90 seconds run on triangle position.
Since Mtronic 2.1 and its real calibration process only for the WOT part.
I have some german document here which say the idle tune will only be affected with the Software calibration routine.
  • Kalibrierung durch den Kunden entspricht einer Vergaser Standardeinstellung mit verklipsten Begrenzerkappen. Die Grenzen sind fix und können nicht verschoben werden.
  • Kalibrieren mit SDS entspricht der Grundeinstellung mit vormontierten Kappen. Die Regelgrenzen werden verschoben.

Attachments

• mtron3.PNG
    mtron3.PNG
    152.2 KB · Views: 48

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats on Mtronic Saws till Version 2.0, these saws do only a factory reset with the 90 seconds run on triangle position.
Since Mtronic 2.1 and its real calibration process only for the WOT part.
I have some german document here which say the idle tune will only be affected with the Software calibration routine.

well hell I can't read it:BangHead::icon_pc:

I haven't had any idle issues with the 462's