The Official Farming Thread...

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are what they are. Loader? For what size they are basically a compact. Real good. Cuz has had one for 15 ish years bought used. Low enough to go in chicken houses. Doesn't run hot. A lot to like about the 585. Done some random hay work. They are a touch low for my taste in hay. The dust finds you faster than say an ol 706 or similar taller tractor. Really good lil machines

Sounds good. He's looking for a loader tractor that'll handle rounds.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't figure it out. Third calf cow ,automatic. Picked a good dry spot,laid down and had him . Got up,was cleaning. I came up and she's looking at the calf then me then back to the calf like,WTF? Been a heifer or one of those over sized,hard keeping,rattle brained,club calf having beeches I wouldn't have been surprised. But this girl is a rock.

Lepto?

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never really have been around a 585. One of my neighbors that was a little slow and couldn't get a drivers license had one with a cab and he drove that thing everyone for years. It was sad the cops told him he had to stop.... because he's not using it for farming.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tell him to hook a wagon to it an drag that around. Lol they can't mess with him then. Put a few random things on the wagon.

Unfortunately he passed away some years back. He was kinda famous for running that tractor around everywhere. I'm thinking the wrong person got held up behind him and Called the state police or something because the locals left him alone.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you fellas have any experience with roosa master injection pumps?

I pulled one apart years ago and it ended badly for me and the pump..

This one is leaking fuel from throttle shaft. My guess is the O-rings..

It's on a IH 1026

IMG_7290.JPG

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you guys use any type of GPS guidance? I was thinking about stepping up to some kind of a light bar or GPS for spraying and fertilizing. I have foam on my sprayer right now. You doing any other type of spreading was just guessing at times.
Yeah we have light bar. I'm not using it as it drives me nuts. Keep the foam on yer sprayer. I do like the light bar for spreading lime. I actually like it in general for spreading. You can get pretty precise. I'm just stubborn. In my opinion it's just too much for spraying. Foam is easier. If you get into all that for spraying you may as well have auto steer. I'm not really interested in auto steer. I get tired enough steering myself. I know I'd run in the woods with that

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you guys use any type of GPS guidance? I was thinking about stepping up to some kind of a light bar or GPS for spraying and fertilizing. I have foam on my sprayer right now. You doing any other type of spreading was just guessing at times.

An outback s-lite is what I started with. Not a bad unit. It's good enough for basic spraying & broadcast fertilizer.