The Official Farming Thread...

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My foam tank and pump is getting some age to it, so I'm sure I'll be updating sooner than planning. I don't mind using foam it's just Limited to only spraying.
Some of the GPS units are about the same cost as buying another foam kit.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gps is good but all I have is a lightbar for spraying it just seems like it wants pinpoint precision I just constantly fight it. To me the foam is just a lot easier. Another thing worth mentioning I live in DE. Not a whole lot of huge square fields

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My foam tank and pump is getting some age to it, so I'm sure I'll be updating sooner than planning. I don't mind using foam it's just Limited to only spraying.
Some of the GPS units are about the same cost as buying another foam kit.

Which ones are you looking at? Any future desire for assisted steering?

Gps is good but all I have is a lightbar for spraying it just seems like it wants pinpoint precision I just constantly fight it. To me the foam is just a lot easier. Another thing worth mentioning I live in DE. Not a whole lot of huge square fields

I used a teejet one for a bit. I hated it. I like that you can turn down the sensitivity on the s-lite. A lot of the chasing comes from the need of a gyro.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I used a teejet one for a bit. I hated it. I like that you can turn down the sensitivity on the s-lite. A lot of the chasing comes from the need of a gyro.
You've went over my head now concrete

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
czar800, U get that rosamaster pump shaft fixed?

No I didn't. :(

I stop by the neighbors repair shop and he a quick show and tell with a pump he had under his work bench. :) He even gave me a few of the right ORings!

Hopefully this week/weekend I'll get to it.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I looked around at them a few years ago then I bought a different sprayer that has foam. I can just see it coming the day it stops working. I know the times I've had trouble with it I don't want to leave without it working I've gotten spoiled.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any future desire for assisted steering?

Nope.

That's good to know I probably would have considered teejet. I use their nozzle bodies and nozzles without any trouble.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You've went over my head now concrete

When the tractor rocks to the left the controller thinks your of line. So it tells you to go right & you do. Now your chasing your tail to straighten it out only to do it all over. With a gyroscope it knows that the tractor just leaned and doesn't sent you chasing.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope.

That's good to know I probably would have considered teejet. I use their nozzle bodies and nozzles without any trouble.

I'd stay with a just a simple lightbar then. A little on board saveable memory is nice for when you run out of spray with an acre or two left. But not really necessary because your lines will be off if you're gone for long.

That was several years ago with their centerline 220. Other units may be just fine. You may like it who knows.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When the tractor rocks to the left the controller thinks your of line. So it tells you to go right & you do. Now your chasing your tail to straighten it out only to do it all over. With a gyroscope it knows that the tractor just leaned and doesn't sent you chasing.
Yep. I copy

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Was planting corn after work today and picked up a old rake tooth.....

Yeah the rest of it was in the tire.....

View attachment 70227

I guess that is better than the rear tire, We hung one in a 18.4.38 a few years ago. Took a bath before we found a stopping point!! ( tedder tooth )

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess that is better than the rear tire, We hung one in a 18.4.38 a few years ago. Took a bath before we found a stopping point!! ( tedder tooth )

Unfortunately I know the feeling of being rained on from a rear tire...:zplayita:

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Time to move on to making hay,fence,cattle,drain tile and fix everything that's been waiting for repairing...