Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
11:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For sure. I want a slide cut gate too on the next one I get. I’m stuck on 20’ or 24’.
I was talking to someone the other day about the length of trailer and he said you don't have to fill it all the way to use it. I like the idea of two cut gates so I can load calves for market and others to move to my place in the same trailer.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
12:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at a 24x7 CM with 2 cut. I missed a Stoll 20’ used with 2 cut gates. Some of the places I go a 24’ is hard to maneuver into the loading spots is my only drawback to getting it over a 20’

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 155353
Just used bumper pull since that's all everyone in the family had. Just got to know how to balance the trailer weight. Getting too tired of making multiple trips to stockyard. Thinking 24' is in the plans for next year just not sure of slider or butterfly gates.

Is that a David Brown 880 with a shaver post driver on the back.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s a 36’ gooseneck brand cattle trailer popped up for cheap needing a little work I thought about getting to fix and flip towards a shorter one. Just not sure it’s high neck enough to even get it home. Any of you guys used a Gooseneck brand on the new 2017 Ford?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd think one that big would have an adjustable neck?

A few the back end was dragging too bad to pull and they still are way low. These new trucks are 2” deeper bed sides. The one trailer when I crest a small hill with the tailgate off is 3-4” down in the opening. A Stoll is the only one that isn’t real close that I’ve used so far. CM makes high neck ones like the 16’ I had.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya tail drag was a problem with a friends 93 ford that was high blocked.

Wish you would've asked yesterday. I'd have paid more attention at the sale today.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh well. I’ve only seen a few flat beds at the local stock yards so far with 17-19. I don’t know if a shortened flatbed will look ok on my truck or goofy. I haven’t seen one of them yet either.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well fellas we’re really thinking about getting out of the crop farming game.... My brother and I had a conversation about only running cattle and quite chasing after corn & beans. It’s the biggest decision we’ve made since we quit milking and we’re not sure how dad will handle it.

Just not sure what to do. My brother is burned out and dad is gung ho... I’m not trying to ride the fence but I see both sides.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well fellas we’re really thinking about getting out of the crop farming game.... My brother and I had a conversation about only running cattle and quite chasing after corn & beans. It’s the biggest decision we’ve made since we quit milking and we’re not sure how dad will handle it.

Just not sure what to do. My brother is burned out and dad is gung ho... I’m not trying to ride the fence but I see both sides.

No more combines for me. I quit back in 1986, only to go to the cattle and hay.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup! Around here they are tearing out grass to farm marginal ground! Nobody wants to feed livestock! Drink coffee all winter!

That’s why you buy a load of calves in the early spring/late winter if you have grass and sell by Halloween if they’re smallish and Labor Day if they’re bigger[emoji854]