chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just bustin' ur chops:)

I didnt get to use it stock before Frank changed it over to the NK bar. It performs nicely with it. And i agree it prob didnt need it. But u know him and modding things:D
I didn't think you were, just stating, if it's a good product I'll run it no matter the name on the side or the color. Orange is still my favorite color though.
Do you like that bar on it.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't think you were, just stating, if it's a good product I'll run it no matter the name on the side or the color. Orange is still my favorite color though.
Do you like that bar on it.
I do minus it saying Stihl. Not starting wars, just meaning its a brand new echo with a competitors bar on it. Maybe echo will catch on. But it really rips with it and the stihl chain. Like i said though i have no comparison as its the only one ive tried on it. Have to ask frank what u need for the conversion. Plus i love all chainsaws. Just some more than others im partial to. Just rigged a bar on this badboy for this weekend:D im excited:Dimage.jpg

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I converted the Echo 490 from .325 to 3/8 lp and it made a world of difference in speed and smooth cut.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do minus it saying Stihl. Not starting wars, just meaning its a brand new echo with a competitors bar on it. Maybe echo will catch on. But it really rips with it and the stihl chain. Like i said though i have no comparison as its the only one ive tried on it. Have to ask frank what u need for the conversion. Plus i love all chainsaws. Just some more than others im partial to. Just rigged a bar on this badboy for this weekend:D im excited:DView attachment 172569
German homelite? The 340 is a rebadged solo if I remember right.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do minus it saying Stihl. Not starting wars, just meaning its a brand new echo with a competitors bar on it. Maybe echo will catch on. But it really rips with it and the stihl chain. Like i said though i have no comparison as its the only one ive tried on it. Have to ask frank what u need for the conversion. Plus i love all chainsaws. Just some more than others im partial to. Just rigged a bar on this badboy for this weekend:D im excited:DView attachment 172569
Lots of guys are running the stihl bars on them, picco is a nice chain, it can be pretty aggressive on a 2511 out of the box though too as the rakers are also a bit low, same story after a few filings they cut great, although it a few less filings lol.
I think it's a pretty easy swap, then either open up the adjuster hole for the chain or ad a link iirc, not on the top of my list so I didn't pay to much attention, I will next time I read it though. What length bar is on the 2511 now.
That looks like a fun saw, do you want me to do a chain for it :D. Looking forward to doing a little cutting today. I'll be using my little 2145 with a ported 346 AM cylinder, it's my nasty pine/spruce and any other sappy wood saw, gotta keep the clean ones clean :applaudit:.
I converted the Echo 490 from .325 to 3/8 lp and it made a world of difference in speed and smooth cut.
I have picco on the 261 ver II right now, it's pretty fun, That bar will be going on the 241 soon though.
On a lower powered saw you can certainly pick up some rpms with the picco. It sure is easy to sharpen too.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have picco on the 261 ver II right now, it's pretty fun, That bar will be going on the 241 soon though.
On a lower powered saw you can certainly pick up some rpms with the picco. It sure is easy to sharpen too.
For me the nice thing is I run the same chains on the 490 or the 400.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smooth saw, that likes to loose the bearing/seals, or an old school cool vibrating classic, I know which one I would want, I'd just want him to switch the prices around.
For me the nice thing is I run the same chains on the 490 or the 400.
That is nice. I have a hard enough time keeping everything 050. I've been running a lot of 058 lately just because I've got piles of the stuff. I think I'll have a big sale on it all this fall, plenty of it in 3/8 and 325 o_O.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Smooth saw, that likes to loose the bearing/seals, or an old school cool vibrating classic, I know which one I would want, I'd just want him to switch the prices around.

That is nice. I have a hard enough time keeping everything 050. I've been running a lot of 058 lately just because I've got piles of the stuff. I think I'll have a big sale on it all this fall, plenty of it in 3/8 and 325 o_O.
Only 1.5 hr from me if you decide you want it.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only 1.5 hr from me if you decide you want it.
Thanks, I'm gonna get by with the 70's for the time being, well see if saying that brings a nice 90 my way lol.
I already have a 576 AT so I've got the upgraded version of the 575. A 575 was my first 70cc saw, you know they say that the lessons that cost you the most your slowest to forget, I still haven't forgot the lessons learned with that saw :confused::risas3:.