Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a buddy trying to get this yesterday. He missed it. Looks like it got listed on eBay for $1200 and sold quickly.
E5337AD0-16C2-45D1-8245-F0F1A79502E0.jpeg

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm....8 saws fer $300...hmmo_O:chuck:
51338535_1389346964534036_8743550423828267008_n.jpg

PrevNext

Marketplace

Garden
8 chainsaws
Pinson, AL · 9 hours ago ·
$300
Stihl, husqvarna and poulan chainsaws, 8 in total, all need carburetors cleaned and tune ups, all have great compression, $300 firm Less

Seller Information

Michael Todd

Joined Facebook in 2012
Report this listing if you think it discriminates against people

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd rather spend that much in gas and get a load of Osage orange from my uncles.
We don't have much Osage here, and what we do have would be a lot of work to get as it's all smaller and none of is straight. How long does it take to dry, locust has a low moisture content so it dries pretty fast. I try to cut it dead standing when I can. In the coldest part of winter I'll go out with the tractor and my fiscars and drop one, buck it up, split it, load it into the bucket and bring it straight into the house. All it needs is enough time to warm the wood up and it's got cracks in it 1/4 wide, toss it in.
I don't mess with the honey locust, dang thorns are nasty and the grainnis as twisted as can be :eek:, but if I didn't have a choice if take it as it's better for BTUs, but I think the work it takes negates any gains in BTUs.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We don't have much Osage here, and what we do have would be a lot of work to get as it's all smaller and none of is straight. How long does it take to dry, locust has a low moisture content so it dries pretty fast. I try to cut it dead standing when I can. In the coldest part of winter I'll go out with the tractor and my fiscars and drop one, buck it up, split it, load it into the bucket and bring it straight into the house. All it needs is enough time to warm the wood up and it's got cracks in it 1/4 wide, toss it in.
I don't mess with the honey locust, dang thorns are nasty and the grainnis as twisted as can be :eek:, but if I didn't have a choice if take it as it's better for BTUs, but I think the work it takes negates any gains in BTUs.

It can't take very long to dry. We split a bunch back in May at @WKEND LUMBERJAK and I think he is already burning it.

But yeah most of the stuff he hit at my uncles is dead standing, and he'll burn about anything. Of course are winters ain't as hard as your lol. He got lucky and scored a bunch of old hedge posts so it was a easy cut t length and pitch in the truck.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It can't take very long to dry. We split a bunch back in May at @WKEND LUMBERJAK and I think he is already burning it.

But yeah most of the stuff he hit at my uncles is dead standing, and he'll burn about anything. Of course are winters ain't as hard as your lol. He got lucky and scored a bunch of old hedge posts so it was a easy cut t length and pitch in the truck.
I'll take all the locust or osage I can find!
Osage burns hotter to me, yet it comes equipped with a fireworks show & locust needs a decent ember bed for my fireplace to get it going, BUT I can drop a monster locust log on it and it will burn for 4-5 hours!!!:b1::cunaooooo:
BTW...any of you fellers interested in a sweet lil ole 038Mag? LOL

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hedge/osage orange dries fairly good for as dense as it is. The hedge we cut and split was all cut down in Feb and March when the sap was out of it and yes I am burning it now. Started burning some in Oct.