The Husqvarna "Wobble"?

B440

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed this wobble, for lack of a better word, the first time on Mattyo's saw while using it at a gtg a long time ago, but I brushed it off as just something funky with the chain. Now I'm watching the video below and it's very pronounced on the saw with the pipe. Skip to 0.25 to see it. There are other vids by Snow X with a non-piped saw doing the same thing.

Is this something that only happens on big saws with outboard clutches? Or only specific to Huskies? I have/had sub-52cc outboard clutch saws that do not have this issue.

82f100swb

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's definitely the chain. Super aggressive on the Rakers will act like that.

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im guessing either serious chain chatter from really low rakers or the operator?
Even when my husky had a snapped av spring it didnt do that.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks to be the operators doing for whatever reason. I've noticed sometimes on bigger saws holding the top handle dead centre you can get a little side to side wobble up if you haven't had ya weet bix but it usually settles once the bar is fully down in the cut and you have more control.
With the AV the way it is the chain/bar would have to be doing some extremely violent jumping around to transfer that much wobble back to the operator.

Whatever it is it's bizarre.

Last edited:

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not diagnosing anyone here, but with a family full of Parkinson's disease, this looks like the operator is causing the movement. Whatever it's is with the guy, I feel for him, really sucks to live out life with an unsteady hand.