SHOW ME YOUR AXES

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
he did not mention that I recall.... I can only assume to keep the handle straight ?? I have a 60's something Collins in the garage right now that appears to have never touched a piece of wood including the original sticker on the head as well as the handle, and the handle is as crooked as a dogs hind leg, again I'm assuming from being stored leaning against something. I could be all wrong here with my redneck logic ??
Seems the head weight pulling unevenly on a hanging handle would have more chance of making the handle crooked than it leaning upright in a corner or against a wall, but that's my redneck logic at work!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is another really awesome ax photo. Not mine.
A nice classic Fulton ax with custom handle!

655050dfa4c031d2c34b97dad43b98ca.jpg

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just found an axe like the one posted above. While the style is the same (plasterers axe I think???) its not as pretty with the PO doing a hack-job handle repair welding a piece of steel pipe onto it. Not sure what to do with this piece, but after hitting it with the wire cup wheel, a makers mark appeared revealing the INDIAN make. Never heard of 'Indian' forged axes. I gave it a quick sharpen and it cut kindling quite well. When the PO arrives at the gates of heaven wanting entry someone will ask him about this.....1519766446879-2125377488.jpg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just found an axe like the one posted above. While the style is the same (plasterers axe I think???) its not as pretty with the PO doing a hack-job handle repair welding a piece of steel pipe onto it. Not sure what to do with this piece, but after hitting it with the wire cup wheel, a makers mark appeared revealing the INDIAN make. Never heard of 'Indian' forged axes. I gave it a quick sharpen and it cut kindling quite well. When the PO arrives at the gates of heaven wanting entry someone will ask him about this.....View attachment 114001
I believe that is a “carpenters hatchet”, could be mistaken

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got these pair In from Helko works 4 1/2 lb and a 6lb seem quite popular
Good value for there money

View attachment 114615 View attachment 114616
Wife says nobody collects that stuff. I have been looking for years. Usually have to barter for these or trade. But man am I glad I found this web sight. Somebody that I can understand a little of their language. Great site.DSCF1997.JPG DSCF1998.JPG The double head is a Collins learned alot here on the site. The Belknap carpenters hatchet is from one of the oldest hardware store that lived.

TheJonsberg

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Wife says nobody collects that stuff. I have been looking for years. Usually have to barter for these or trade. But man am I glad I found this web sight. Somebody that I can understand a little of their language. Great site.View attachment 114773 View attachment 114774 The double head is a Collins learned alot here on the site. The Belknap carpenters hatchet is from one of the oldest hardware store that lived.
The wife is correct
rent a shipping container and show her your collection in the future:pesas:

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wife says nobody collects that stuff. I have been looking for years. Usually have to barter for these or trade. But man am I glad I found this web sight. Somebody that I can understand a little of their language. Great site.View attachment 114773 View attachment 114774 The double head is a Collins learned alot here on the site. The Belknap carpenters hatchet is from one of the oldest hardware store that lived.
We like pics. Go get yourself some more an ifn you find a extra jersey head or 2 make sure to let us know [emoji38]

Oh an by the way, nice collection so far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to OPE. Very nice collection you’ve got going. I had a Belknap Bluegrass 2.5lb single bit, made a handle for it and gave it to my sister as a gift. I miss it, it cut awesome! Bottom one in this pic, before a cleaned it up and hung it.
61679990-C22F-47C4-AA54-02502E502B10.jpeg

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
4:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to OPE. Very nice collection you’ve got going. I had a Belknap Bluegrass 2.5lb single bit, made a handle for it and gave it to my sister as a gift. I miss it, it cut awesome! Bottom one in this pic, before a cleaned it up and hung it.
View attachment 114815
Giving me Jersey fever lol. I need to get one soon.

Junior Samples

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 114815
I'll trade ya my Ky wildcat wife for that belknap? Any tool sold from Bluegrass are hot in my neck of the woods. I'll send pics

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll trade ya my Ky wildcat wife for that belknap? Any tool sold from Bluegrass are hot in my neck of the woods. I'll send pics
Lol! Heck of an offer but I’ve already got a wife, two would be the end of me...ha! If I still had it we could work something out but it now belongs to my sister.

I’ve got a good friend in KY, he’s about 45 miles SE of Lexington. Beautiful state