DSS

widebody
Local time
5:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@DSS
Here she is
Looks like a very strong saw, Dave. First time I've read this thread, I didn't realize how much work had gone into this saw. I've been going to build a 254 for a long time and never got around to it, but mine wouldn't have been nearly as nice as this one is. Great job Steve

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like a very strong saw, Dave. First time I've read this thread, I didn't realize how much work had gone into this saw. I've been going to build a 254 for a long time and never got around to it, but mine wouldn't have been nearly as nice as this one is. Great job Steve

I am not a Husky guy but had this 6th on my list. You're a lucky man Chris.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You suck lol

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I did ok [emoji108] for never expecting to win anything. This man looks to do excellent work. Thanks should be going out to Wayne as well for donating the saw in the first place [emoji106]

And their is gonna be a 16" .050 .325 Raisman B/c included too.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The brand new coil came in from our great friend Joe @Onan18
Was a last minute snafu having the coil go out of it, but am glad it happened before it went to its lucky new owner @DSS

New coil is a "DUCATI" not the old EM.
IMG_20180705_174437608.jpg
IMG_20180705_184616436_LL.jpg
IMG_20180705_184353419.jpg

Fired the saw up and confirmed that it does in fact work properly, so Chris will have a good working saw when it arrives.
I didn't like the fact that this was a bit late, but am glad now that the ending is a happy one.
After all, this wasn't about anything else but helping out our friend @Jon1212 , and I hope that at some degree we were successful in that endeavor.
Take care Jon and best wishes for you and your family going forward.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And to Wayne @Dub11 , thanks for entrusting me with this build. I know it got real sketchy at times and I appreciated your patience and understanding the whole way through to the end. I will say this however... without all the screw ups and mishaps this saw would not have turned out near as nice as it did. It's almost as if the saw steered the build in the direction it wanted by a higher power. At any rate, I think all in all it turned out just wonderful. So thanks again and I hope we can collaborate again some day.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And to Wayne @Dub11 , thanks for entrusting me with this build. I know it got real sketchy at times and I appreciated your patience and understanding the whole way through to the end. I will say this however... without all the screw ups and mishaps this saw would not have turned out near as nice as it did. It's almost as if the saw steered the build in the direction it wanted by a higher power. At any rate, I think all in all it turned out just wonderful. So thanks again and I hope we can collaborate again some day.

That saw was cursed!! Lol.

Thanks again Steve it would still be a pile of parts in the garage if it wasn't for you sir.

And I got something else cooking up for ya lol. It'll be a runner this time.

Last edited: